VR Rift S freeze/ctd

So i cant figure out why im getting a freeze or sometimes ctd. Typically happens within the first few seconds after loading a car and jumping on track. Wondering if anyone else had an issue? Ive tried resetting oculus, running as admin, changing graphical settings, updating nvidia drivers etc.

I have a Rift S and have not had any issues running AMS 2. Have you tried reinstalling AMS 2 and ensuring it's settings folder in My Documents is removed? (You may have to turn off Steam Cloud temporarily, as I think it restores your settings.)

I have a Rift S and have not had any issues running AMS 2. Have you tried reinstalling AMS 2 and ensuring it's settings folder in My Documents is removed? (You may have to turn off Steam Cloud temporarily, as I think it restores your settings.)
ill give that a try, i did remove and reinstall the game but i didnt think of the settings carrying over.

I had one instance of my Rift CV1 black screening with steam telling me that the game is not compatible with my headset...
No issue after that joining the game in VR but I now get the warning message in steam every launch.
My steam updated today with a 133MB download. Strange and possibly related if it only happened today....

I had one instance of my Rift CV1 black screening with steam telling me that the game is not compatible with my headset...
No issue after that joining the game in VR but I now get the warning message in steam every launch.
Ah, so I'm not the only one! I assumed it was an issue on my end because I have problems with my USB ports which messes with my headset. But yeah, since yesterday the game warns me every time I start that it's not compatible with my headset. It works fine though.

It would be odd if it was a Steam update which has caused this, since AMS 2 has a native Oculus mode so shouldn't be going through Steam at all for VR. Unless perhaps the game is asking Steam what headset it being used, and Steam is reporting it incorrectly? Who knows... Steam sucks.

Yeah it’s strange and the only thing that changed was a steam update.
I use the modifier /othervr in the shortcut but I also checked by running the game through the steam library and selecting oculus, same result.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 126 27.8%
  • Full game

Votes: 107 23.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.1%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 50 11.0%