TSW

Years ago, back in the days of CompuServe, when a Thrustmaster wheel was about $125 and next ( CH? Logitech?) around $200, I knew many who used the Thomas wheel for about $450. I was recently surprised to find they are still in business, their top model is over $1000, and yet in reviews/comparisons of wheels, in forums, or elsewhere, they are never mentioned. In fact in roughly an hour reading about wheels the only mention of Thomas was on their own site.

Curiosity abounds; for apparently excellent build quality, for having been around 25 years (while others have come and gone), why do you never hear of them?

Curiosity abounds; for apparently excellent build quality, for having been around 25 years (while others have come and gone), why do you never hear of them?
No FFB and, depending on model, only 270-720 deg rotatation.

Esthetically, they're from the dark ages of '80s coin-op games:
Top end
1668624987593.png

Entry level
1668625015444.png

H-shifter
1668625102546.png

Pedals
1668625169564.png

Thanks. People somewhere must be buying them, else they'd not be around this long nor fetching such prices.

'Esthetically' I have no issue with them; to my eyes many new wheels seem more fitting to Star Wars than race cars.

I was rather surprised to find out they were still in business too. I still have my TSW Modified wheel. I used it when I resurrected my triple screen GPL system when I got back into sim racing in 2017. Prior to the TSW I had used several non-force feedback wheels from Thrustmaster and force feedback wheels from Logitech and Act Labs. The TSW gave me more precision than I could get out of the Logitech and Act Labs ffb wheels.
Other than being connected via USB instead of gameport and hall effect sensors vs. potentiometers the 2022 TSW Modified looks the same as my 2001 model.

I'm using the TSW in this triple screen GPL video from 2002.

KO

Latest News

Back