Triple Screen & 27" 144hz vs 32" 75hz....?

Triple Screen 1440p

• 27" 144hz

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • 32" 75hz

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Hi guys,

Setting up a 1440p Triple Screen Sim Racing setup & where i live 32" 144hz IPS is just crazy expensive.

27" 144HZ IPS is same/similar price as 32" 75hz IPSmonitors.

So is Refresh Rate and Response Time important & matter for Sim Racing? Should I choose 32 for size or 27 for better Refresh Rate?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I've had 27 inch triples, but i think the 27" just isn't big enough, especially vertically...
I now have 32", and find those more immersive as I can have them low enough to get the on screen dashboard behind my wheel.
I'm perfectly happy using VA panels, so refresh rate isn't a problem.
Besides, you need a pretty beefy setup to run triple 1440p consistently at 75Hz anyway.

I have 27" IPS monitors that can do 144HZ but I actually set them to 70HZ so I can get a consistent frame rate across my sims (mine wont do g sync properly so I have set refresh rate.) and I'm using an RTX 3090 gpu.
I'd run a higher frame rate if I was always doing dry day racing but rain and night is just a pain to get high fps.

I fined the extra 10 fps over 60 really helps smooth out the image so another 5fps would be even better but I have found that 70 is just the sweet spot for my system at the level of detail I like to run on ACC and AMS2.

But I too would like something bigger so I think if I was buying again I would go with 32" 75hz IPS monitors.

But for me they would have to be IPS for the better viewing angle.

Last edited:
Size matters
It does, but... so does refresh rate and 32" may not achieve the goal if the wheel base interferes and you have to push the monitors further back. So if you can't get 90+ Hz monitors, then there's little reason IMHO to go to 32".

Now if we're talking 43+" monitors, then taking a hit in the refresh rate is more acceptable for the BIG picture (which is what I did).

Last edited:
I'd go for the 27"144hz screens as I did myself.

It gives you enough vision out of the car for racing, and higher refresh rates not only equal more fluid motion but also get rid of the "armco and gravel trap shimmer" that drove me nuts in Barcelona.

I noticed this when I upgraded my RX5700 Xt which could do 60-80 FPS to a 3080 which is comfortably capped at 120 FPS.

Also it´s easy to find the right distance to your eyes because the screens fit comfortably over the wheel base. (Even with the bulkier T300 no problemo)

And yes, with the 65cm eye to screen I can see pixels on the desktop and screensaver, but not ingame.

So, in the end it depends on your preferences

MFG Carsten

Triple 27" screens with 3D Vision. Blows every thing out of the water except anything else that's in 3D / stereoscopic vision (ie. VR headsets). Best monitor for this would be the Asus PG27V / PG27VQ (same thing) - 1440p, 165 Hz, 1800R curve (extremely mild curve). 2nd prob goes to the Asus PG278QR, 3rd probably tied between Dell S2716DG and Asus PG278Q.

Last edited:
Yes 32 1440p 144hz VA is same cost as 32 1440p 75hz IPS where i live.

But what's your experience with Black Smearing on VA panel? Does it affect Sim racing?

Also viewing angles on a 3x setup?

Was worried at first, ordered on Amazon for easy return if needed. But I didn’t notice any smearing. Viewing angles not really a consideration as I’m sitting right in front of it, and either side in peripheral vision anyway.

Not saying IPS isn’t better, but for the cost vs spec I’ve been very happy. The 3x 32” 144hz monitors cost on total as much as the single 34” IPS ultra wide I run on my desktop lol

Latest News

Back