Triple 32" 1000R curved monitors, need help with adjustment

Hi.
Recently bought triple AOC's 32" 1440p with 1000R curvature, and GTomega triple mount kit, which isn't much flexible in terms of adjustability especially on horizontal axis. Center monitor sits just on top of my DD. Let's say I'm fine with my eye distance on single screen, with 64cm distance from it, but when I added other 2 monitors, following natural curve of screens, which is quite aggresive, I end with screens a bit more of 180deg coverage . It's quite uncomfortable just to sitting in there.
Waiting for longer DP cables and Vario Vesa Adapter kit, so I still didn't even try to turn'em on to try, but I can see right now, it's going to be a challenging to achieve perfect FOV
Width between side monitors came to just 115 cm. almost a half of meter less of recommended 150cm (at least I belive it is), so with larger headphones, don't have much space between my head and side monitors.
Here are few pics.
Please ignore the mess, I'm in proccess of rearranging whole room, Also managed to brake door cabinet :)
Maybe it doesn't seems on pics, but believe, it's too immersive.
WOnder if anyone with similar screen can help me sort this out?
Thx

Attachments

• 20230112_172656.jpg
    20230112_172656.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,361
  • 20230112_172626.jpg
    20230112_172626.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 937
  • 20230111_172555.jpg
    20230111_172555.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,033
Last edited:
Excactly. That's happen when I follow natural arc. Maybe I missed here few centimetres as I still waiting for the parts.
Well, that's not how I see the natural arc going - it seems like the monitors are folded inwards too much.
I've tried to draw the kind of arc I'd expect. Very bad drawing but it's reasonably close to what I see as the natural arc :)
1673548179781.png

I wouldn't worry too much about the natural arc. I currently have mine set at a 60º angle and I completely ignored the curvature. I believe I did the initial positioning without the monitors installed, and then tweaked things for alignment after bolting them in place.

Depending on who you ask you will get a different answer. I watched a video the other day and they were using a 55º angle, which is slightly wider than mine (also curved screens).

What R rating are your monitors? So just take 60deg between the corners? Great.
Next week will have Vario Vesa kit, which will make adjustments more easily (hopefully)
Thx

Mine aren't as aggressive. 1500R I think.

The angles can get confusing. I measured the angle from behind the screens at the pivot point of each arm. You'll need a way to measure it though. I didn't have a protractor at the time, so I just used a sheet of paper and drew one as accurately as I could. I have a 3d printer now... I should just make one. :p

angle.png

What R rating are your monitors? So just take 60deg between the corners? Great.
Next week will have Vario Vesa kit, which will make adjustments more easily (hopefully)
Thx
As a vario owner I can assure you they are must-haves for fine tuning your triple setup.
I have non curved 32" LG's on a 52 degree angle.

Latest News

Back