Resource icon

Apps TrainingWheels 2.03

Login or Register an account to download this content
RossAscends submitted a new resource:

TrainingWheels - At-a-glance slip and load display to learn the limits of your tyres

What It Does
TrainingWheels app is intended to help drivers learn the limits of their tyres, and how certain driving maneuvers or track conditions affect tyre performance. It should also help you learn the concept of grip budget.

Installation
Drag into Content Manager and enable in Settings>PythonApps.

How It Works
Each box corresponds to a tyre:
- color indicates the amount of slippage happening (blue = none, green = 'ideal', yellow = pushing it, red = complete loss...

Read more about this resource...

Unfortunately, the app doesn't work for me. Neither via screen nor via VR. The app is zar in the list but unfortunately you don't pull it anywhere when you activate it

that's strange. are you updating from the python version or is it a new install?
I reinstalled the app. I play on VR and thought that was the problem, but unfortunately I can't see the app on the screen. I installed it manually and via drag & drop. The app is in the right column in the game, but when I want to activate it, I can't see it on the screen. I'll try again in a few days.

I'm curious about how the app works when you change the POV of the cars. I don't drive so I see the AI usually. What does the data show about the AI? Because when I change POV, the data didn't line up to the car I'm watching from but instead from another car that I don't know which. Maybe you can make it to reset when you change POV

I'm curious about how the app works when you change the POV of the cars. I don't drive so I see the AI usually. What does the data show about the AI? Because when I change POV, the data didn't line up to the car I'm watching from but instead from another car that I don't know which. Maybe you can make it to reset when you change POV
it should pull data from whichever car is in focus. I'm not sure how it behaves in things like replays or spectator modes.

RossAscends updated TrainingWheels with a new update entry:

Fix app not displaying..for real.

leBluem pointed out a fix for the app not loading.

Added the following to manifest.ini:
Code:
[CORE]
LAZY = FULL

Also cleaned up the app name.

If you had past versions of TrainingWheels it might be a good idea to go to
Code:
\Users\(_YourUserName_)\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\state\lua\app\

...and delete any .ini files related to TrainingWheels.

Then delete the old TrainingWheels folder from
Code:
\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\lua\

Close and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ok i figured out what's going on. The app keeps pulling data from the car which was in focus when the app was opened. If you change the focused car the app does not currently update to pull data from the new one, but if you close and reopen the app it will track the new focused car.

I'll work on a fix for this so it will update in real time.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.5%
  • Full game

Votes: 175 25.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 81 11.7%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.7%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.3%