Too late to buy the ts pc/xw...?!?

Ts pc/xw vs wait for Thrustmaster DD

• Total voters
So i want to upgrade from my 2 yr old G29. I'm looking at the ts pc/xw but came to know that thrustmaster is launching a DD wheel soon.

I'm wondering if it's too late now in May 22 to be purchasing the ts pc/xw.

Is the Thrustmaster DD expected soon & would it go without saying that it will be miles better than the ts pc/xw? I'm only able to consider Thrustmaster as it has a 1 yr warranty in my country and the Fanatec is not sold here.

People who have upgraded from a ts pc/xw to a CSL DD.... is the difference in fbb/feel HUGE....? Should I wait a bit for the Thrustmaster DD..?

Thanks.

Soon™, we really have no idea when Thrustmaster is releasing their direct drive wheel, they are no where near their own timelines and have so far shown next to nothing about the wheel. I do think that price wise the TS-PC makes no sense today, a CSL DD is vastly better at those price points especially since once you end this area of pricing you wont be wanting to use the terrible basic pedals Thrustmaster provides and will want to be on at least a pair of T-LCMs.

I think really there are a few options, you either buy the CSL DD with a GT3 wheel and whatever pedals you want or you wait for the TM DirectDrive and hope its competent. If you can find a TS-PC cheaper second hand then that might do the job temporarily until they release, I ran one for a couple of years and it is substantially better than a T300 but its also not even close to the CSL DD I have now.

I would love to see Thrustmaster come out and dominate the low end Direct Drive with something amazing but they need to evolve so much of their software and hardware to do it well.

TS-PC is known for solid quality, mostly, though.
Too expensive, yes, but the csl DD, especially with the mclaren rim has endless threads full of issues.
The csl DD also seems to have issues.
Some games sometimes feeling like sand in the motor, fading ffb etc etc.
The shaft can come loose so the rim disconnects mid race and the list goes on.

I had a TS-PC for 2 weeks, before that a Logitech dfgt and G27 for years.
Now since 2 years a csw 2.5 with different rims.
Also to test it, a csl DD for a week (sent it back, McLaren rim had play on the shaft and it wasn't that much better than my csw 2.5...).
The csl DD is smoother than the TS-PC or the csw 2.5 and has a few nice settings, no cooling fan and spins super quickly.

But in comparison to the TS-PC or the csw 2.5, it's "just a little nicer" honestly.
I wouldn't mind having to use a TS-PC for a few months instead! It has a superb, tight center feel when driving in a straight line.
Something I can't get from my csw 2.5 without making the "always on damper" so high that catching a slide becomes difficult..
With the csl DD, you have a setting for "inertia", which felt exactly how I want it to feel.

The TS-PC feels like that out of the box though :)
It's just a bit weaker, louder and bit less smooth.

If you can find a cheap TS-PC, go for it. You'll enjoy racing a lot more right now.
Csl DD is no option for you, sadly, due to your country.

The thrustmaster DD might not come out this year...

Difficult decision but the TS-PC is a different world compared to the Logitech wheels, so it might still be worth it to have more fun from right now on, although not being the best choice financially.

Last edited:
Yeah - agree with the above. The TS PC is tough and never over heats or has FFB fade and has good FFB. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if my TS PC lives on longer than me - I have no regrets buying it and I sorta get a sense that the TS PC and its sister the TS XW went under the radar slightly pre-covid when you could find it for good prices!! Great wheel!

TS-PC is known for solid quality, mostly, though.
Too expensive, yes, but the csl DD, especially with the mclaren rim has endless threads full of issues.
The csl DD also seems to have issues.
Some games sometimes feeling like sand in the motor, fading ffb etc etc.
The shaft can come loose so the rim disconnects mid race and the list goes on.

I had a TS-PC for 2 weeks, before that a Logitech dfgt and G27 for years.
Now since 2 years a csw 2.5 with different rims.
Also to test it, a csl DD for a week (sent it back, McLaren rim had play on the shaft and it wasn't that much better than my csw 2.5...).
The csl DD is smoother than the TS-PC or the csw 2.5 and has a few nice settings, no cooling fan and spins super quickly.

But in comparison to the TS-PC or the csw 2.5 it's "just a little nicer" honestly.
I wouldn't mind having to use a TS-PC for a few months instead! It has a superb, tight center feel when driving in a straight line.
Something I can't get from my csw 2.5 without making the "always on damper" so high that catching a slide becomes difficult..
With the csl DD you have a setting for "inertia", which felt exactly how I want it to feel.

The TS-PC feels like that out of the box :)
It's just a hit weaker, louder and bit as smooth.

If you can find a cheap TS-PC, go for it. You'll enjoy racing a lot more right now.
Csl DD is no option for you, sadly, due to your country.

The thrustmaster DD might not come out this year...

Difficult decision but the TS-PC is a different world compared to the Logitech wheels so it might still be worth it to have more fun from right now although not being the best choice financially.
I like your reply there, thank you. I just bought a TS-PC Racer Ferrari edition (secondhand for £400 with 2 yr warranty) because the DD wasn't available. I'm very happy with my choice. I wouldn't've paid the new price for it (the TS-PC Racer) however. So my vote above went to the DD but that's not a 100% accurate view, like life there are nuances :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Back