AC Tin Top Thursday- TCR at Norisring -Thursday August 15th.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Club Staff
Premium
Screenshot_fw_elantra_tcr_2024_norisring_5-7-124-9-46-17.jpg

Welcome to the AC Racing Club.

After the close racing at Blackwood a couple of weeks ago, we are again giving these TCR cars a run out but this time around the Norisring in Nürnberg, South East Germany.

Norisring - RacingCircuits.info

With only 4 real turns to negotiate this is an ideal time to try something different if you have never tried this type of racing. Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities amongst a friendly community, without the intensity of longer races, plus the chance to get it right in race two!

Click here. using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Overtake Server 5-
  • Password: standard weekday password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 BST 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:10 CET, 20.10 BST 20 minutes - Race 1
  • 21.35 CET, 20.30 BST 20 minutes -Race 2 (Reverse grid top7)
  • Practice server available during the week. Usual weekday password. if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
Event details and links:

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Useful Links:
Entry list:

It was OK for me earlier Ernie, I think it's something to do with the track version.
I have stopped the practice server while I try to fix it.

I will post again when I have it sorted (hopefully).

OK, there seems to be an issue with the latest version and file name so please use click on this link;

Norisring

I have edited the link in the first post so hopefully we all end up at the correct track!

I love the car but really don´t klick with the track, so please count me out.

(unless you could get Han to reveal his secret 60ties version of Norisring, that one I´d do in a heartbeat. :inlove: )

I like it Carsten, gives everyone a go with its 60 second lop time. makes for tight close racing , it should not be the few disappearing and rest seeing small dots in the distance.
That means lap times should be close. What's not to like.

I like it Carsten, gives everyone a go with its 60 second lop time. makes for tight close racing , it should not be the few disappearing and rest seeing small dots in the distance.
That means lap times should be close. What's not to like.
You may have noticed that people are different ;)

For me this "thing" is a condensed version of most Thielke abominations, just stop and go without flow :speechless:

Also you are the man bit.. talking about cars without ABS.

Maybe you should check which time percentage you will spend on the brakes here :O_o:

Thanks to those who turned out tonight, by the start of qualifying I felt like Billy no mates as I sat there with only Jason for company but then thankfully Ernie joined along with George and Thomas to make a race of it.
Jason , Ernie and Thomas were enjoying a close battle but it is a pity more people didn’t join in as these cars are fun, relatively easy to drive and with only four corners to get the hang of the track was easy too.
With falling numbers for the Thursday events and with me on holiday for a couple of weeks, I’ll give Thursdays a break for a while.The F3 races are scheduled and will run on auto with Steve and Han kindly hosting Zandvoort and Monza.
Hopefully I’ll be back for F3 Baku but will wait until the summer holidays are over and darker nights are here to set up anymore Tin top or other races on the non F3 weeks.

It would be a crying shame if this series dies :cry:

As stated before this probabaly (to a large part) a seasonal problem, so not reason to give up just yet.
I predict things will take up steam again in the fall.

Until then, when (If??) you return from abroad maybe would could try to keep the flame burning at least on low with short courses?
For example I´m pretty shure Han would love to do a MultiClass at Brands Hatch. (Indy of course, I´m not a complete asshole :p)

@HF2000
maybe you could point " a decider" to this thread?

@BaldPaul :

if it´s possible for you don´t go too cheap on the headphones/headset, with entry level equipment you get most ( or even all ) pointers of tyre behaviour over sound effects.
Tyre squeel and rumble sounds tell you if you´re "in the zone" or oversteering/locking up.

When I started in 2020 this was my first headphones, it worked well enough to beginn with:

I added a small mic to clip on my shirt and things progressed from there.

Thanks for the reference Carsten.

Might have a solution in my daughters old headphones which apparently has a wired mic - if I can find the cable....

Not being the most hardware literate will have a read on how I can test and see if it works.

Paul

Latest News

Back