F1 2010 time trial car vs race car

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just starting this game and I've been away from F1 racing games for some time ,so some of the tracks are different.This being the case I need to learn the tracks in the time trial mode. Aside from the annoying ghost car I have discovered a new problem. I can learn the track with the time trial car and I think I'm doing pretty good, so feeling confident I go and start the race weekend. Well it doesn't take long for me to realize that the 2 cars are very different animals.
The same car with the same setup with enough fuel to do 3 laps is 6 seconds a lap slower.
And another thing , if it's not the ghost car that distracts me, it's a car that comes out of the pits just as I'm about to start a hot lap.
So needless in the race I end up start getting the blue flags and once that happens it's impossible to advance in the race.
I know that there is a learning curve but knowing that doesn't relieve the frustration that I'm going through right now

Yes their is a difference you are correct. TT cars are full spec cars all upgrades i.e downforce, throttle map, body work etc. And in career you start with a bare bones basic out the factory F1 car you do research to upgrade your car throughout your career and is quite a challenge. Also in TT the track has 100% grip NOT the car the track and in career it's average grip level at best (dry conditions) is 65%.

TT is for fun as is GP as that is also different in that the tracks are the same as in career for grip, but the car is the same as TT full spec.

Welcome to Race Department I hope you enjoy your stay and have fun and a Happy New year to you cowboy x.

Regard's, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back