Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Gear Shift

Hi all - I cant find anyone who has so might not be possible....

Is it possible to mod the gear shifts to not make the loud clicking noise?
I like to race at night when the family is asleep - the wheel itself is pretty quiet but it makes me map the gearshift to the buttons instead - not ideal.

Is there a way to quieten them at all?
Are the other Thrustmaster wheels the same? (Ive just ordered a TM Open Wheel)

(and besides buying a different wheel :thumbsup: )

Thanks in advance.

• Deleted member 1066209

I assume you're talking about a regular, unmodified T300 wheel that does not have the magnetic paddle shifter mod installed. If that is the case, what you're asking is tough to accomplish. The noise you're hearing is from the switches - which are soldered onto the PCB. The only way I can think of quieting them is to deaden the sound within the plastic enclosure so that it does not reverberate. I suppose you could try to install some foam, cloth, or something similar, and see if it works. I'm not even sure adding such material into the interior of the wheel is a good idea, but it's the only solution I can propose to accomplish your goal.

And yes, most other Thrustmaster wheels are the same, including the TM Open Wheel. I think the Ferrari F1 add-on might be different, but I'm not too sure.

So after I tried buying etsy/ebay magnet-mod for my TM wheels (Sparco 310 & 28GT Leather) I was very underwhelmed with the quality--adhesives failed quite quickly and even new the 3d-printed magnet mounts started sagging/tilting inwards and making contact with the paddle arms causing some comically loud metal-on-metal racket with each shift.

So what I did was get some strong 25mm block shaped neodymium magnets and mounted them just outside of making physical contact with the metal paddle arms (no more loud metal on metal "CLACK-CLACK" with each shift) and actually removed the springs from inside the wheel box since the magnets had enough pull to reset the paddle on their own. While I was in there I put placed some small sections of adhesive-backed 0.04" sorbothane (had it on-hand my other over-priced hobby--keyboards) on the contact points to deaden that metal on plastic noise.

For the switch itself, I thought about replacing them with some Kailh GM8.0 switches I have leftover from custom mouse tinkering, but that seemed like more effort than my lazy arse cared for, so I just lined the inside of the wheel box with some fiber padding I had leftover from headphone tuning. I just kinda stuffed the empty voids around the internal paddle switches and it seemed to do nicely.

I wouldn't call it "silent" or anything now, but each shift isn't much louder than clicking on a noisy-ish gaming mouse--which is way, way quieter than stock.

I don't have the exact product URLs on-hand, but something like these should work out:

Latest News

Back