Third party cars

Hi all, I was starting to look at maybe getting AMS 2, having run AMS for a couple of years and liking it, but looking at the downloads section I note that there are no third party car mods out there, just re-skins of existing ones. Not being that savvy about it all, is this due to it not being possible like with rFactor, AMS, AC etc, or simply that we are too soon into its life

Cheers

Les

We used to think it was impossible, but actually today a car mod was released and it was quite a surprise. I won't post a link here as I don't know if it is allowed.

The procedure for installing mods seems to be the same as PC2.

So who knows in the future if the community will create more content for AMS2, but now we know it is possible.

We used to think it was impossible, but actually today a car mod was released and it was quite a surprise. I won't post a link here as I don't know if it is allowed.

The procedure for installing mods seems to be the same as PC2.

So who knows in the future if the community will create more content for AMS2, but now we know it is possible.

Do you think this will be working in multiplayer aswell ? Or maybe start creating bugs in the game

Anyone knows how this is for pc2 ?

Since you need to specify the car being used in the DS settings, and that the DS needs to recognise and support that car to work (ie, if you don't patch the DS after a content release then you can't use that content on it), I doubt this revelation is going to mean much for online racing.

Also PCars 2 used pretty much the same process and didn't exactly have the most active modding scene. When you have much easier and better supported alternatives like Assetto Corsa and AMS 1, I can't see AMS 2 becoming a popular mod platform unless the process becomes much, much easier.

Since you need to specify the car being used in the DS settings, and that the DS needs to recognise and support that car to work (ie, if you don't patch the DS after a content release then you can't use that content on it), I doubt this revelation is going to mean much for online racing.

Also PCars 2 used pretty much the same process and didn't exactly have the most active modding scene. When you have much easier and better supported alternatives like Assetto Corsa and AMS 1, I can't see AMS 2 becoming a popular mod platform unless the process becomes much, much easier.

Well i can see auto installers writing every part of the process right ?

Well i can see auto installers writing every part of the process right ?
Unfortunately it usually just isn't that easy, and it still wouldn't make the job of actually creating a mod any easier for those who do the work... for free, in their spare time. Given the choice of straight-forward, easy mod creation in AC or a complicated, PITA full of work-arounds in AMS 2 (potentially), which would you choose? Most will choose the former.

I spent 30 mins and had a new car in-game, but was not at all finished... and was just to test the process...
402E6AB5-74B3-49EA-8653-A610A1C71939.jpeg

Proof of concept... the V8SC’s are pretty much already in-game anyways... like I said... testing :thumbsup: :laugh:

Latest News

Back