The MCR 2000 Imola 2018 Challenge.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I did a test that we cannot often do this afternoon, I tested the same car/track combo form the same developer in 2 different engine.

The MCR 2000 and Imola 2018 are from Reiza and are both available in RF2 and AMS2. I raced the combo offline in both SIM. Reiza has had time to optimize both for both game.
One as a DLC, the other as their new AMS game. Take the challenge and try them both, then let us know what you think.

Please let us keep this thread civil, their is no right or wrong, if we do this test we own both title and will keep enjoying both title for their respective merits. But this opportunity give us a glimpse of what AMS2 could have been on RF2 and that is too good not to try and discuss.

Last edited:
In the interest of thread being constructive as you outline, would it not be entirely useful for you to elaborate on the reasons for your conclusion?
I don't have RF2 so I'm a bystander in this.
This thread is asking for opinion after doing the test, if you don’t have RF2, it will be hard for you to form an opinion.
My conclusions are only relevant to me, this is not a thread to determine any overall winner, RF2 and AMS2 are both winners, I like them both. I will gladly use both in the future, I recommend both for a healthy sim diet.
My recommendation is for you to install RF2 and try it for yourself. Assuming you already have AMS2.

Have done this with Formula Vee @ Ibarra over various updates and come to the same conclusion every time. Vee in rf2, i could drive all day. Vee in AMS2, i just want to head for the exit.

Picked this up on day one of EA, have had weeks of lockdown to go at it and... only 28 hours. Half of which was trying out updates. Will give V1.0 a fair chance but in it's current state i just can't get interested in the thing.

Will give V1.0 a fair chance but in it's current state i just can't get interested in the thing.
I would not go that far for me, I like driving in AMS2, it is a very enjoyable and in some combo a very nice SIM experience with combo not available otherwise.
I hope that Reiza can still improve it, they probably will, but Reiza have been working very hard and a long time already to get AMS2 using the SMS engine to get where they are now, what would AMS2 be like if they had chosen RF2 engine and spend the same time and efforts?

Last edited:
rF2 is very simulative and the "level of connection" is great, because you need litte time to adapt to cars. AMS2, just like PC2, may have a less intuitive approach, but if you spend time, the feeling is great.

However, I found rF2 not a great sim just because it cant properly simulate the visual/immersion to be into a car. I just play in VR all max out in PC2/AMS2, and rF2 in VR seems an indie game. AC is not just like AMS2 but a lot better than rF2, while ACC is quite decent (but miles from AMS2). My2cents.

This thread is asking for opinion after doing the test, if you don’t have RF2, it will be hard for you to form an opinion.
My conclusions are only relevant to me, this is not a thread to determine any overall winner, RF2 and AMS2 are both winners, I like them both.
So want opinions of others without articulating your own? Your opinions are valid for you only yet you want to share them publicly. A lot of mixed messages here.

Why not give it a try?

Steam sale (Uk prices)

Rf2 - £12.89

Reiza pack - £8.88
MCR 2000
Metalmoro MR18 & AJR
Formula Vee
Puma P052 & GTE
Imola (4 layouts)
Guapore
Ibarra (2 layouts)
Virginia (5 layouts)

Money from the Reiza pack goes to Reiza. I'm sure they appreciate all support.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.2%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware