T818/ Direct Wheel Drive Compatibility

Hi,
I have zero experience with Direct Wheel Drive and I was thinking to get me the new T818, what I would like to ask is, how do the Game Compatibility works with the Base? Like I play older games likes GTR2 or something like F1 2012, does these games reconize the base at all or not? I image that they do but I have to figure out for my self what the standard seetings would be, am I right? Any information would be great, that's the only think keeping for buying the base, since I don't wanna quit playing my older games. Cheers

I have a SIM magic alpha mini so I can't directly answer, but I've got it to work on gtr2,nr2003, and even gt4 on pcsx2 emulator. Now the results vary depending on how they game uses ffb, but it did work in all of those. I would assume thrustmaster being a bigger company with a big backlog of products should be just fine. My biggest gripe with those older titles is that the effects aren't that good on a dd wheel at least mine anyway. Nr2003 isn't too bad. You can adjust the software that drives the wheel tho on PC so that helps somewhat

I have a SIM magic alpha mini so I can't directly answer, but I've got it to work on gtr2,nr2003, and even gt4 on pcsx2 emulator. Now the results vary depending on how they game uses ffb, but it did work in all of those. I would assume thrustmaster being a bigger company with a big backlog of products should be just fine. My biggest gripe with those older titles is that the effects aren't that good on a dd wheel at least mine anyway. Nr2003 isn't too bad. You can adjust the software that drives the wheel tho on PC so that helps somewhat
Ok, thanks for the info. I think it will work too. The FFB was already not that great with those games anyways, but if runs I can manage to set something playable. Cheers

Latest News

Back