SUPER V8s are super

I loved them in AMS but they are something else in AMS2. I'm finding the FFB most detailed in these beasts. I still drive them the same way (slow in, fast out) as I did in AMS1, (the proper way to drive them) but there is so much more enjoyment. In replay, the weight transfer demonstrated looks near on identical to real life, especially around fast tight corners. Ibarra is a good example.

I cannot wait for Bathurst. Please Reiza, say more Australian/NZ tracks will be in future DLC!

I thought they seemed a little tail happy on throttle tbh (more so than I remember in AMS1)

Edit: Just tried SuperV8s again around Interlagos and it seemed really good actually. Perhaps the last time I tried them was prior to re-calibrating my setup.

Last edited:
The most recent update (v0.8.0.1 EA) has improved them as they are no longer "bouncy", personally I'm still of the belief that the FFB is too weak for such a heavy car and they could do with a touch more weight transfer but not much. Plus the tires have a lot of work to be done as it's nigh on impossible to overheat them at the minute, meaning slides are not punished enough as per real life.

Edit: this is the change in the Build I was referring too; - Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes

But overall yes it is an extremely good car to drive, the AMS1 was my fave car to drive in that period and now this SuperV8 in AMS2 is as good as my most fave across all the Sims I regularly drive and oh boy is Bathurst gonna be fun!

I'm currently absolutely loving it at Montreal (modern), that final chicane - as I've said elsewhere - is made for this car! Currently with default setup I've managed a 1:36 flat, with Potential to be a 1:35.555 if I can polish off the lap properly.

Loving these cars so far. Look good, sound good, drive good. I only wanted a quick go to try the patch last night, but was overcome by the old "just one more lap" syndrome. Spent over an hour in them instead, and was annoyed about having to stop for fuel. :p

I had a quick race with the SuperV8 at Oulton Park international. 10 Laps. I didn't change any AI settings. Started 15th, finished 7th.

I find the AI is very willing to bump into you when you are on the outside of them approaching a corner. They seem completely blind to your existence under these circumstances. Conversely, they seem to have some awareness when you are on their inside when approaching a corner. Whilst they don't give up the corner easily, they don't simply plough into you to get the driving line like they do when you are outside of them.

They also have this habit of making quick erratic and sharp movements left and right which makes racing up towards them from behind somewhat unpredictable at times.

I hope this can be tuned to improve awareness in corners and remove the erratic swerving that goes on.

Having said that, I did enjoy the race immensely and found it quite challenging to pass :)

They also have this habit of making quick erratic and sharp movements left and right which makes racing up towards them from behind somewhat unpredictable at times.
This is my main issue with the AI at the moment. It particularly seems to happen on outlaps/inlaps. They seem to erratically weave about. Sometimes they seem to be well off the line as if they're getting out of your way, then right before the next corner they fly across onto the racing line again right in front of you. :p

is super around guapore, to be fast i had to be on the edge the whole time and it was so rewarding, the harder i was working the time was just coming off. the start of the session i was 2.5 secs off being neat and after 10 laps i was .02 off and just rag dolling it.

When I saw that AMS2 was in open beta AND it supported VR is was an instant buy, VR was the reason I stopped AMS1...

Absolutely love the V8s, around Adelaide they just “feel right”, sound great and look good too.
Compared to the iRacing V8 this thing is really communicating the rear of the car to me which I think is great. The front end is a little dull but I’ll take that over the inverse.

Version 0.8.4

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 126 27.8%
  • Full game

Votes: 107 23.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.1%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • Other PC related hardware