Steering wheel wrap

Calum McLure

Did ye, aye?
Hello, long story short I'm getting back into sim racing after quite a few years out.

Using the old Fantec CSR which is in good working condition, only issue is it was kept in a loft and at some point the rubber has melted due to the heat making it extremely sticky and covered in dust which I can't get off!

I seem to remember some people wrapping their wheels in a sort of felt fabric but can't remember the name. So if someone could let me know that would be appreciated!

i used a leather style wheel wrap from Amazon - it's just a long loop of material, some thread and a needle. I had to cut it to size and re-join to fit the smaller wheel but the end result is OK and it feels 100x better than the awful rubber grip that's under it

I used this with excellent results. Just watch a few videos on how to do the loop before u settle on how to wrap it, there is a trick to it, I got one side perfect and the other side not, which always annoyed me on that wheel lol.

BV EVA Road Bike Handlebar Tapes, Bicycle Bar Tape, Cycling Handle Wraps – 2 Rolls per Set (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/5Lw1zXR

Last edited:

Latest News

Back