rF2 *Special Event* Steve Le Gallez Hillclimb Special - Fri 23 Sep 2022 *All Free Content*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Club Staff
Premium
P4F2jJt.jpg
And now for something completely different. It's called the @Steve Le Gallez Hillclimb Special, but it's not on the right island, and it's not the entirely correct spec Lancer EVO. But that doesn't matter. It's something entirely different for this Friday, solely because I have massive work-week, and want to do something unusual when racing!

Eligibility:
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: esports]
[
RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IoM

Car(s):
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX TA - [STEAM] *In setup, remember max boost!*

Track(s): Isle of Man. [STEAM] AND Nordschleife3(Free, not the S397 DLC) [STEAM]
Layouts: SECRET!
Track Temperature:
Depending on weather
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Forecast Isle of Man &
Forecast Nordschleife
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 23 September 2022
Practice Isle of Man: 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Hill Climb 1: 19:30 UTC (8 minutes) ONE single attempt (1 lap qual). Private Mode.

Practice Nordschleife: 19:42 UTC (30 minutes)
Hill Climb 2: 20:15 UTC (10 minutes) ONE single attempt (1 lap qual). Private Mode.

Isle of Man picture:
11oXUkk.png

DRIVER LIST

1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. Roy Magnes
  3. Steve Le Gallez
  4. Michael Rudolf
  5. PurgerUK
  6. Kresh
  7. Free Spot
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

utp #15

SPECIAL INFORMATION!

• We need to play this fair and have a gentleman-agreement when it comes to stage-times and starts. It is possible to start the climb/stage in speed. As the event will be in qual-mode, there is no way to jump the start, so we need to drive slow to the start-line, and stop before it, before going. I hope we all can play by this simple rule to make it a fun evening.
  • Isle of Man have 7 "rally stages". One of those will be chosen. The free Nordschleife have different layouts, and two point to point layouts. Anyone of these can be chosen. Feel free to practice all if you want, or a few if you want to risk it.
  • Lowest amount of laps to set in-game is 3 due to Pit in-hotlap-out. Any more than one single attempt is not allowed here. Again, please play fair!
  • When finishing at Isle of Man. It is very very important that you apply brakes and stop or press escape quite fast! If you drive too far, you will fall through the track, be reset to pit and you may get DQ'd by the game!
  • The two climbs are not public, as it is an attempt to emulate hill climbs with little practice runs (if any at some) before the event.
  • Server will come up today (Tuesday), but will have all layouts from both tracks and weather from Silverstone applied. Shortly before practice start, I will go in remove layouts not being used for the event.
  • I will only do one run offline to see that everything works on the chosen layouts. This to avoid me having a big advantage. I will also not do these tests with the Lancer!
  • Any more information will come in this post! :)
  • Any questions? Just ask! :)

ADDED 20 Sept 21:23 UTC+2:

Rubbering will be set to green on Isle of Man and "Medium" at Nordschleife. Track rubbering is also static in practice, unless it is raining. In qual session it is "normal" regardless. We are not enough drivers for this to make a difference on one single run (that means the difference of making an early or late run for the time is in reality none).

In please but i'll be late to join

Lancer and point to point, you don't need to practice do you? :p

Not really my cup of tea but in anyway please

Completely understandable. Quite honestly a one-off due to me already having worked well over 40 hours this week at the moment of writing this post, and will probably have 40+ hours for the rest of the week. This is a bit easier and "safer" than close door to door racing for me. Also a chance to try something entirely different.

Completely understandable. Quite honestly a one-off due to me already having worked well over 40 hours this week at the moment of writing this post, and will probably have 40+ hours for the rest of the week. This is a bit easier and "safer" than close door to door racing for me. Also a chance to try something entirely different.
No worries, wasn't meant as a critique, glad you still putting something up for us every weak :thumbsup:
I guess I'm just really bad at it (like rallying etc.), I prefer to know what corner is coming next :roflmao:

Sadly can't make this one since I have to be at work around the time the first hill climb starts.

Could I try it the day after and compare the times for the fun off it? Is the weather like a preset based on the weather forecast or is it the live weather from silverstone, which means the track conditons are different to the ones you will be having which would result in different HC times?

Could I try it the day after and compare the times for the fun off it? Is the weather like a preset based on the weather forecast or is it the live weather from silverstone, which means the track conditons are different to the ones you will be having which would result in different HC times?

Live weather. It will be from Isle of Man and Schleife. I've just kept it at Silverstone before I change layouts ;)
It will be a bit different. But if its dry it'll be similar enough.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%