Sound issues?

Has anyone noticed that there are some sound issues? For example:

1. The Mitsubishi in car sound seems to be 90% whoosing air/turbo but no engine note.

2. The F-Reiza downshift sounds like a static puff.

3. Formula Retro sometimes having the engine sound cut out while driving.

Maybe this is how the cars are supposed to sound but right now they just sound "bad".

I'll test the beta this weekend, but as far I can hear sounds are not good. I mean, bugs are bugs, that's ok and understandable for a beta. But according to several videos on YT it seems that they ported the same samples from AMS 1. That's ridiculous, and even all of them have a very similar pitch. Will see.

car sound seems to be 90% whoosing air/turbo but no engine note.
Perhaps unrelated, but I'll mention this just in case it might help anyone else...

Playing the beta while listening through my PC speakers, I could hear all engine sounds just fine. However, later that evening I was driving the same cars while listening through headphones and I heard the same thing you mentioned; lots of air noise but no engine sound at all.

Long story short, I exited the beta and went into my computer's Realtek sound settings, changed my current "5.1" option to just "Stereo" and that seemed to fix my headphones issue. Not an ideal nor preferred solution, but at least I could hear my engines again.

Long story short, I exited the beta and went into my computer's Realtek sound settings, changed my current "5.1" option to just "Stereo" and that seemed to fix my headphones issue.
If you have your soundcard set to 5.1 with headphones, you need some kind of virtual headphone surround processing, otherwise you won't be able to hear all the channels (for what I would consider obvious reasons). Assuming the car engine comes mostly from the center channel or from the rear channels, obviously you're unlikely to hear it in headphones without virtual surround.

I noticed that shifting at all in the Formula Reiza causes a ridiculously loud static sound as mentioned in the original post. It is so loud, regardless of master audio setting that my ears are in pain. No idea what's causing this.

I noticed that shifting at all in the Formula Reiza causes a ridiculously loud static sound as mentioned in the original post. It is so loud, regardless of master audio setting that my ears are in pain. No idea what's causing this.
Ya there are several vehicles still with terrible static and popping noises during gear shifts.
GT3 BMW is really bad
John work mini not as bad

It has been reported on the Reiza forms and can be found in the audio issues of the beta forms if you have access as a backer.

Ya there are several vehicles still with terrible static and popping noises during gear shifts.
GT3 BMW is really bad
John work mini not as bad

It has been reported on the Reiza forms and can be found in the audio issues of the beta forms if you have access as a backer.
It makes me want to rage, lol I hate that static popping sound.

Latest News

Back