F1 24 So I change the Rev light s in F1 24

F1 24 | EA Sports
I changed how the Rev lights are displayed in the car. I went from a full bar to 2 Bar lights like the other drivers on the grid but I ran into a problem.
It's a kinda cool problem as I just went into Archiver and did the usual export/import on the changes to the rev lights through Photoshop. It came out almost perfect except now with the 5 greens gone, its effect stayed as grey shades that can be seen when the sun is directly on the car's wheel. It looks kinda cool but it's just something I wanted to share.
Credit to Renjiroo2020 with the cool Ferrerai helmet mod, it's super clean
20240702075131_1.jpg
20240702075241_1.jpg
All in all it's a pretty cool little thing you can do since I've never seen the Rev files in F1 23 or 2020. Again credit to Renjiroo2020 for making the Helmet mod

Can you tell me in more detail how to do this?
I went to ego archiver, F1 2024 asset packages then vehicle package, and there is a common.erp. there you will find the rev lights "ON" state, I exported it into Photoshop and just cut the greens out but I'm fairly new to modding so I had some complications with missing textures.
I tried to fix the grey lights but it seems to be an effect of erasing textures from the wheel rev lights, the in-game icons when racing still come up as it is hard coded. I tried finding the Rev Light animations: for example (Hamilton's wheel lights skip 3 b's to full) that the AI uses but it also seems to be dealing with characteristics of the car and I'm not knowledgeable in that area yet.

Hello mate,

can you tell us how did you do it ?
and for the helmet, are you using a real driver career ?
Renjiroo2020's modded helmet for Ferrari that I downloaded. it's a custom driver career.
I wish I had the file but I'm still new to modding, I took a break from this game out of boredom, ill come back soon to resume some things that are kept on the back burner for when I get the itch back. probably custom numbers on driver's suits and wheel display names for custom drivers.

Latest News

Back