DiRT Rally 2.0 So Dirt Rally 2 is a tenner in the steam sale....

Beware that later in the month a GOTY version will be released to replace the current steam store-only super deluxe (base+s1/2/3/4). After that, you'll probably be able to buy the complete game outside Steam with further discounts. ATM licensed sites like humble bundle can only sell the deluxe version (base+s1/2) at most, which is now gone from the steam store, while s3+4 (or any package with those seasons) must be bought on steam.

Last edited:
I would not touch it to be honest

I bought it cheap and am SOOO glad I did not pay good money for it, it is basically DR1 with a load of new stages that are utterly featureless and come in two categories very fast, or very slow, there is very little variety in some sections.

Weather is awful, rain is abysmal, lights are garbage, rallycross is better but AI at higher levels is pathetic, pacenotes are bad, and deliberately wrong in places.

And overall the game is simply designed to be very hard, not just the stages, but the things above, it is all designed to make the game a sort of sim Dark Souls, endless crashing, deaths, literally you think the entire game is trying to catch you out endlessly rather than try and reflect what rallying is really like.

It is a 5/10 effort and a massive step back from the genius that was DR1.

Or try WRC8 which has flaws, but is actually more of a sim in some ways.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.2%