Slow feeling

I've only had AMS2 on my hard drive for a little over a week now, and I haven't given it enough of a go yet, but something seemed odd to me from the start. I couldn't put my finger on it until yesterday. No matter what car I drive, the sensation of speed seems slow. In other words, going 100mph feels more like 50 from the cockpit and trackside views. Of course, a 1000 hp F1 car is faster than a 50 hp VW Beetle, but the lack of speed sensation is proportional. I recently upgraded my computer Ryzen 5 3600 with GTX 1060 6GB, so I can run almost every graphic setting to its fullest. Silky smooth.

It must be just my perception because I haven't read about anyone else experiencing this. However, this is a big turn off for me. I go back to ACC, and the perception of speed is just right. AMS 1 gave me a great sensation of speed for that matter. Any thoughts about why I experience this?

I actually get a better sense of speed in AMS2 than with any other sim except maybe ACC. Dirt rally 2.0 also has a great sense of speed but its mostly because of the tight roads and trees flying by you. I think the small road details and the bumbs help add to it. Try adjusting your FOV. Also, triple monitors and VR can apparently do a lot for sense of speed since it tends to come from your peripheral vision. This is the main issue with sim racing though, you dont feel the speed as viscerally so you have to sort of figure it out in your head where irl you could feel it more.

I appreciate both of your feedback. Good point about watching videos. I do get a good sense of speed when I watch AMS2 videos.

I use just a 27" monitor. My next purchase will either be an Oculus R2 or a 35" ultrawide.

In game it will just say FOV, but some games use vertical FOV and others use horizontal. When you use the FOV calculator to find your ideal setting you’ll get a H and V result just make sure you use the right one for the right sim

I attached a screenshot of my last FOV calculator result before switching to VR (you don’t need to set it in VR)
A00CA69D-7E00-4259-95E8-C01BF033857E.png

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 126 27.8%
  • Full game

Votes: 107 23.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.1%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • Other PC related hardware