SimXperience GS-5 G-Seat: annoying side panel

The seat is great, but there is this annoying side panel which I hit with my elbow, all my other seats don't have these side panels. Does anyone know the utility? Does anyone fixed it in some way?

Attachments

• gs5.jpg
    gs5.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 82
If your elbows are hitting those then I'd check your seating position and wheel placement because your elbows shouldn't be hitting them. You wheel is probably too close to your chest, so move it back a little until your elbows clear it and make sure you are seated fully in the seat correctly

If your elbows are hitting those then I'd check your seating position and wheel placement because your elbows shouldn't be hitting them. You wheel is probably too close to your chest, so move it back a little until your elbows clear it and make sure you are seated fully in the seat correctly
Ah ok, I'll try it thank you!

Another point worth mentioning is that the Kirkey seat is used more for US stock car racing, which is an upright position, so if you are tilting your GS5 seat back to a more GT/Prototype position (as I do) then you will need to accommodate for those side panels more by as I said moving the wheel back a little and adding a little more cushion to the bottom to support your lower back.

Another point worth mentioning is that the Kirkey seat is used more for US stock car racing, which is an upright position, so if you are tilting your GS5 seat back to a more GT/Prototype position (as I do) then you will need to accommodate for those side panels more by as I said moving the wheel back a little and adding a little more cushion to the bottom to support your lower back.

Yeah, I have the seat totally tilted back, GT position. Can you please show me your position and how much cushion you've put? I honestly wouldn't add any cushion if possible, to me it's comfortable enough

I actually tilted it further back than stock, using some mending plates bolted to the bracket and raised the pedals higher than stock on my P1-X.

Because the seat is tilted back more than it was intended it meant my head couldn't lean on the headrest comfortably so I added a cushion at the top under the cover. I also added 2 inch foam at the bottom because I found that after long sessions and switching to using the hardest bushings on hydraulic pedals I was experiencing some back pain but the additional foam has eliminated the pain.

I'm really happy with my seating position now in VR, it's a good all round compromise and especially in an F1 or IndyCar I don't feel like Fred Flintstone with my feet on the road.

IMG_20220606_095303.jpg

IMG_20220606_095219.jpg

Last edited:
I actually tilted it further back than stock, using some mending plates bolted to the bracket and raised the pedals higher than stock on my P1-X.

Because the seat is tilted back more than it was intended it meant my head couldn't lean on the headrest comfortably so I added a cushion at the top under the cover. I also added 2 inch foam at the bottom because I found that after long sessions and switching to using the hardest bushings on hydraulic pedals I was experiencing some back pain but the additional foam has eliminated the pain.

I'm really happy with my seating position now in VR, it's a good all round compromise and especially in an F1 or IndyCar I don't feel like Fred Flintstone with my feet on the road.

View attachment 572281
View attachment 572280

Fantastic setup and smart workaround for the tilting of the seat :D

Is that a real extinguisher?? :D Is it there in case of electric fault?

Latest News

Back