Simhub Shaker Problem - Connenction Error

Hello Guys,
I have a problem with a little shaker I use on my brake pedal powered by simhub.

On the PC itself all audio devices work as they should BUT Simhub says "connection error" for every audio device.

20230201_123730.jpg

20230201_123754.jpg

1675251721187.png

So it's probably a Simhub- related problem.

PC drivers are all updated, Simhub is reinstalled with newest version.

Somebody has an idea or a fix?

Cheers Daniel

Can you post the error you see in the logs? I think they usually sit in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\logs

Only time I ever got a similar message was when I had messed up and put the motherboard audio in stereo only

Is there any chance that despite being hardwired it is connected via Bluetooth. I just set up 4 shakers with 2 separate amps one was working great out of box and the second was being really weird. It turned out the second one was hooked up with a charge only cable I had laying around and connected itself via Bluetooth without me knowing so I assumed everything was running via USB but only one amp of the 2 was. Used a cable I knew was good and everything was sorted out. Not sure if that's it but it was for my issues. Good luck

have you checked the audio is working ok from windows? You might already know or have tried this, but if not, go to Control Panel/Sound, find the speakers and right click to bring up the Configure Speakers. You can click on a speaker to play a sound from it

1675277310354.png

Some people have also suggested disabling exclusive control and audio enhancements. You can find those in the advanced section of the speaker properties.

have you checked the audio is working ok from windows? You might already know or have tried this, but if not, go to Control Panel/Sound, find the speakers and right click to bring up the Configure Speakers. You can click on a speaker to play a sound from it

View attachment 636224
Some people have also suggested disabling exclusive control and audio enhancements. You can find those in the advanced section of the speaker properties.
Yes, already tried.

SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.Core.FModOutput.Configure()
[2023-02-01 20:10:26,698] INFO - Disposing FMOD output for Lautsprecher (6- USB Audio Device)
[2023-02-01 20:10:26,797] INFO - Allocating FMOD output for Lautsprecher (6- USB Audio Device)
[2023-02-01 20:10:26,799] ERROR - Can't connect to output System.Exception: ERR_OUTPUT_INIT
at

Last edited:
Ok, so the error is from FMOD which is an audio engine. Looking on their QA pages, the 'disable exclusive mode' is one of the things they seem to suggest with that error. Did you say you already tried that? I suspect something else has control of the audio device. If turning off exclusive mode didn't work, I'd start looking in task manger for anything that looks like it's associated with that little USB audio stick you are using.

Latest News

Back