SimExperience G-Belt or PT Actuator Tension-R

SimExperience G-Belt or PT Actuator Tension-R

Hi all,

Trying to decide between the two options SimXperience G-Belt or PT Actuator Tension-R, what are your thoughts? Any Feedback? Good or bad experiences? It's for a DOF reality H3 with an NRG seat in case it matters.

Thanks for the input!

You will find many threads on this already……….

I considered both and purchased the Gbelt (together with a gseat). I chose simxperience because of their commitment to software development, reputation, reliability, and because I wanted to support a local business.

The system has been excellent. It is a little noisy in a squeaky-machine type of way. However I use noise-canceling wireless headphones and so I don’t hear the Gbelt at all.

After almost 6 months, I would not change a thing.

... and because I wanted to support a local business.

I'd be careful defining what's "local business" in this global industry... one might see it as a bit extreme statement... its not like the next door bakery shop.

I'm in California (Thanos Motion Electronics LLC) ... is that local enough to you? :rolleyes:

+1 for G-Belt. I've owned one for over a year and I can safely say it's one of the best additions to my rig that I've ever had. I have not used the PT version, but from the looks of it, I would definitely re-buy the SimXperience version in the case that both were available for purchase when I was looking to buy mine.

As already mentioned, pretty much the only thing I don't like about it is the noise. But it can be mitigated by audio devices like headphones, earbuds or VR headphones, so it's not a deal breaker at all. Everything else about it is wonderful.

I'd be careful defining what's "local business" in this global industry... one might see it as a bit extreme statement... its not like the next door bakery shop.

I'm in California (Thanos Motion Electronics LLC) ... is that local enough to you? :rolleyes:
Local business means supporting businesses that design, support and hopefully manufacture locally (in my case the US). They invest in the development of tech and IP. They are part of our communities. It means jobs and money spent locally. It’s not something I need to be careful about, nor is it a swipe at businesses elsewhere. It also doesn’t mean supporting local businesses exclusively and excluding non-local businesses.

I don’t consider businesses that serve as a middle-person for non- local products to be a local business (for the purpose of my buying decisions).

My approach only applies to quality reasonably-priced products. I have seen plenty of buy-local scams.

Finally, It’s my approach only and is not a judgement of the decisions that others make.

Last edited:
+1 for G-Belt. I've owned one for over a year and I can safely say it's one of the best additions to my rig that I've ever had. I have not used the PT version, but from the looks of it, I would definitely re-buy the SimXperience version in the case that both were available for purchase when I was looking to buy mine.

As already mentioned, pretty much the only thing I don't like about it is the noise. But it can be mitigated by audio devices like headphones, earbuds or VR headphones, so it's not a deal breaker at all. Everything else about it is wonderful.
I would also highlight that during the 8 weeks I was contemplating the two, PT had at least two hardware revisions (this was post product launch by the way). While I applaud the quick changes, it made me wonder if they had put enough time into R&D (both HW and SW) and whether what I was going to get would be old HW by the time I got it.

Finally, there is a benefit for things like this in my opinion - of one company owning a vertically integrated HW/SW stack.

. They invest in the development of tech and IP. They are part of our communities.

Hmm... interesting. So all the tech I develop and manufacture is what??

Or these "local" business don't sell worldwide?

Location and locality is irrelevant these days, are you still living in the 50s???

And for sure they ain't part of the simulation communities I've been around, or if they are I must have been blind. Are you talking about PR stuff??

Finally, there is a benefit for things like this in my opinion - of one company owning a vertically integrated HW/SW stack.

Sure, this will make it almost certain that if that company goes bankrupt, you are left completely without any other alternative :rolleyes:

And not talking just to talk, remember scuderiart.com? Well, they recently closed shop for other ventures, yet has no impact as their customers will continue to get support since they didn't do the full HW/SW stack...

IMG_20221011_103121.jpg

IMG_20221011_103145.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... interesting. So all the tech I develop and manufacture is what??

Or these "local" business don't sell worldwide?

Location and locality is irrelevant these days, are you still living in the 50s???

And for sure they ain't part of the simulation communities I've been around, or if they are I must have been blind. Are you talking about PR stuff??
I have no idea what your beef is. I don’t know what you develop and manufacture at any level of detail.

My only knowledge of your business practices are that a while back, based on a public discussion of technology in a competing vendor’s thread here on RD, you private messaged me with what seemed to be to be your attempt to disparage that vendor and sell your own products.

How about you not hijack this thread. It’s about people’s experience with two competing products. Everyone, including me, is entitled to describe their experience with a product and why they chose it. Nothing wrong with that, or people having different reasons for making different decisions.

I have no idea what your beef is. I don’t know what you develop and manufacture at any level of detail.

My only knowledge of your business practices are that a while back, based on a public discussion of technology in a competing vendor’s thread here on RD, you private messaged me with what seemed to be to be your attempt to disparage that vendor and sell your own products.

You were asking technical questions that no normal gamer would ask... I'll leave it at that.

How about you not hijack this thread. It’s about people’s experience with two competing products. Everyone, including me, is entitled to describe their experience with a product and why they chose it. Nothing wrong with that, or people having different reasons for making different decisions.

TensionR is not my product... just responding to your "buy only local" nonsense

TensionR is not my product... just responding to your "buy only local" nonsense
And here is the problem with what you did. I never never said “buy only local”. I said “I wanted to support a local business.” This was while discussing the purchase of a specific product - not a philosophical discussion on global trade and economics. I further clarified that “It also doesn’t mean supporting local businesses exclusively and excluding non-local businesses.”

So again, why hijack the thread? Why misrepresent what was said?

Last edited:
Another with G-Belt here and I think it probably adds more immersion than the G-Seat. I do have an issue though where it doesn't always initialise or does initialise successfully but then once you launch a game Sim Commander seems to have lost contact and requires a restart.
Can also attest that all of the SimXperience products are reasonably noisy but easily sorted with either noise cancelling headphones or good ear buds.

From what I can tell the SRS software that the Tension-R uses doesn't have anywhere near the features and functionality of SimCommander and SimCommander is still under continuous development. SimCommander has a cool feature with cloud information for car / track combinations, so it knows where to set the limits to maximize the experience and prevent clipping.

I consider the G-Belt a mature but still improving product. The Tension-R is still very new and not fully featured at this time. They are also chasing a moving target that is well ahead of them.

The G-Belt is excellent on the track. makes titles like No Limits 2 come alive, adds quite a bit to Rally and makes a world of difference in flight games like DCS. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
Same here. Happy with the G-belt, also a GS5 seat owner, amazing combo. I am having an issue with the new SimCommander 4.5 though. Version 4.5 is not recognizing rF2, I still have the previous version and that works just fine. I will be emailing SimXperience, their customer service is outstanding.

Same here. Happy with the G-belt, also a GS5 seat owner, amazing combo. I am having an issue with the new SimCommander 4.5 though. Version 4.5 is not recognizing rF2, I still have the previous version and that works just fine. I will be emailing SimXperience, their customer service is outstanding.
It works perfectly with my rfactor2.

I treated myself to a G Belt as a birthday and christmas present. I own a GS5 seat so have been on the fence for a while now regarding the G Belt but the positive comments from this forum made me reevaluate it.

I installed it on Monday and so far I'm really impressed with it. I prefer it to be subtle but to smoothly apply strong brake forces that matches how hard I'm pressing on the pedal. I'm not a fan of the bump setting up high since at times that doesn't match what I'm feeling in the GS5 bumps and can be a distraction, so I have that turned down to about 20%. I have the corner effect turned off since the GS5 seat does cornering well already, although I can see why people who don't own a GS5 seat would enjoy that effect.

What amazed me with the G Belt is that I was instantly beating my fastest lap times. I was not expecting that at all, when it's setup correctly to match your brake pressure it really gives you instant feedback of how much brake pressure you are applying and how smoothly you are letting go of the brake.

I also got a new Cosworth steering wheel, the IR18 has never felt so good before in iRacing in VR!

Attachments

• Image01.jpeg
    Image01.jpeg
    749.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Image02.jpeg
    Image02.jpeg
    768.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Image03.jpeg
    Image03.jpeg
    836.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I treated myself to a G Belt as a birthday and christmas present. I own a GS5 seat so have been on the fence for a while now regarding the G Belt but the positive comments from this forum made me reevaluate it.

I installed it on Monday and so far I'm really impressed with it. I prefer it to be subtle but to smoothly apply strong brake forces that matches how hard I'm pressing on the pedal. I'm not a fan of the bump setting up high since at times that doesn't match what I'm feeling in the GS5 bumps and can be a distraction, so I have that turned down to about 20%. I have the corner effect turned off since the GS5 seat does cornering well already, although I can see why people who don't own a GS5 seat would enjoy that effect.

What amazed me with the G Belt is that I was instantly beating my fastest lap times. I was not expecting that at all, when it's setup correctly to match your brake pressure it really gives you instant feedback of how much brake pressure you are applying and how smoothly you are letting go of the brake.

I also got a new Cosworth steering wheel, the IR18 has never felt so good before in iRacing in VR!
That’s a nice wheel!

Latest News

Back