Sim Racing Seat Recommendation

Hi, im looking for some comments and recommendations for a sim seat for a 80/20 rig.

Wheel base is a VRS Direct Drive Pro. Already owned.
Still deciding upon a rig, will be a Alum profile 80/20 type. Likely to be a TrakRacer T80 or T120.

The decision over the seat is where Im currently at.
Budget - £300 region. UK delivery.

Options Ive considered.
TrakRacer - Rally
Sparco - R100
OMP Champ-R

Priority is on comfort of the seat.
I dont want it to look overly race-like as its for my office.
Style i think I prefer the Rally style over the GT style.

Any comments on these option would be appreciated.

Thanks.
David

£300 is a healthy budget, while not on your list I have a mirco which I love (also availible under the motamec brand)

That said comfort is very subjective and I would recommend going to a showroom if at all practical to try seats in person
sportseats4u.co.uk was the one I visited and honestly probably would have missed the Mirco had I not tried them in person

More important than the wheel Base is the pedal Set.

I developed my leg to max out the Heusinkveld Sprints, a R100 will not be rigid enough for the 65 kg s brake force.

For lowers forces it will be fine and much more comfy than a bucket seat.

MFG Carsten

I would buy a real bucket seat, not a sporty car seat. Just make sure it's made of fiberglass, not tubular. They are very comfortable, but you have to consider that some models are for made different kind of bodies, so it depends if you are fat or slim.

I agree with the above recommendations for a glass fiber reinforced racing seat--especially if you want to add tactile exciters / transducers.

In the UK you have easier access to Cobra and different versions of Corbeau seats from those available in the U.S., plus OMP, Recaro, Sparco, Sabelt, and MOMO.

You should be able to find a nice lightly used, but FIA-expired second hand seat, but I 100% RECOMMEND sitting in it before committing to buy. I have a beautiful used Recaro Pole Position which I cannot use because it's too narrow for an upper body.

Don't get discouraged if the first seats that show up in searches are shabby and/or overpriced; real deals are out there if you maintain a vigilant and patient search.

NRG Prisma seats are very affordable and quite comfortable. I use one myself and I really enjoy it. I would recommend staying away from seats that have an adjustable back as they can make it difficult to be consistent when using higher brake forces as your seat moves a bit each time you brake.

I bought a race seat a little too big for me so I could add a garden chair cushion. Super comfy and you retain the required stiffness from the seat if you're using elastomer based pedals.

Latest News

Back