Sim Racing Bay - DD Wheel Fanatec 70mm QR Adaptor - CAUTION

Thought I'd post a cautionary notice when using SimRacing Bay Fanatec QR male adaptor. In my case, the tolerances between the SRB shaft and Fanatec wheel were too tight. Removal and re-installation of wheel resulted in damage to the encoder disc on my direct drive wheel. Not blaming SRB as their product has otherwise performed as advertised - just a word of caution if you have a wheel rim that is difficult to remove. Hopefully I can source a replacement encoder disc.
srbhs40A (2).jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Was it SRB or SRM (company that does Fanatec conversions) adapter, can you post a link to the product you used.
And encoder is inside the motor in the back, how could you damage it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it SRB or SRM (company that does Fanatec conversions) adapter, can you post a link to the product you used.
And encoder is inside the motor in the back, how could you damage it.
Sim Rachine Machines, the model is Sim Racing Bay male adapter Fanatec. The tight tolerances required additional pressure to reattach wheel, resulting in motor shaft traveling backwards closing the encoder disc to sensor gap.

• Deleted member 197115

Different company then, nothing to do with SRB and good pal Tomo.

Oh, it was manufactured by SRB after all, surprisingly not in SRB web shop anymore.
Thanks for heads up. Did you contact SRB on this?

This was made for the Simucube OSW miges.

Doesn't the DD1 or the DD2 have a collar that prevents backing up of the motor shaft? Must have required some force to push the motor backwards like that.

Latest News

Back