Should I upgrade my Simucube 1?

I have a Mige 130ST (20 Nm), with a BISS-C encoder, which I bought from Augury some years ago and which has been working flawlessly all this time. I have the money to buy a new Simucube 2 Pro (and possibly sell my system for 600€ aprox.). However, I wonder if it will be worth, if I would notice a great improvement, an important step forward. The point is that I am very happy with my Simcube 1. It works great, it's strong, fast and I find it quite realistic, but I have not tried the Simucube 2, so I cannot compare. I will not make use of the wireless device and I will keep on using my only round steering wheel without any quick release, and exclusively on Assetto Corsa. I have never updated the software because it works well.

Last edited:
I will not make use of the wireless device and I will keep on using my only round steering wheel without any quick release
Stick with your Simucube 1. There is little to nothing that moving to a SC2 will give you.

Maybe in the future, upgrade to something like Asetek once they've proven to have a good platform...

• Deleted member 197115

Only if you are missing online profiles nonsense.

Some months after SC2 was released I watched some videos on Youtube and the reviewers said the difference was quite noticeable and they felt a lot more detail, possibly because of the better software. I don't know if those people were trustworthy. Maybe it was just marketing or maybe they were honest but under the suggestion of trying something that should be better... Who knows...

• Deleted member 197115

Relevant functionality wise there should be a parity between SC1 and SC2 software, except online profiles support.
It's sleeker design without additional controller box, slightly better motor and encoder, but not the improvement you would easily notice unless focusing on something in particular and letting your imagination running wild (audiophiles knows how it works).
It's pretty hard to improve over already great Mige with BISS-C. I'd suggest to wait for the next gen (HW or SW) or until SC1 breaks.

Relevant functionality wise there should be a parity between SC1 and SC2 software, except online profiles support.
It's sleeker design without additional controller box, slightly better motor and encoder, but not the improvement you would easily notice unless focusing on something in particular and letting your imagination running wild (audiophiles knows how it works).
It's pretty hard to improve over already great Mige with BISS-C. I'd suggest to wait for the next gen (HW or SW) or until SC1 breaks.
Are there any plans for Simucube 3?

• Deleted member 197115

Are there any plans for Simucube 3?
No, in fact Mika just confirmed it a few weeks ago, we might hopefully see some improvement on SW side, but again that has been promised for three plus years already.
There is announcement coming in 3 weeks, but it won't be a replacement for existing SC2 Pro or Sport, either pedals or may be low torque model.

• Deleted member 197115

Where can you get the basic profiles included in the software prior to the True paddock version?

Thanks!
I don't think any of them were good. You'll get better luck finding something more suitable by checking corresponding sim thread on GD support forum.

I have a Mige 130ST (20 Nm), with a BISS-C encoder, which I bought from Augury some years ago and which has been working flawlessly all this time. I have the money to buy a new Simucube 2 Pro (and possibly sell my system for 600€ aprox.). However, I wonder if it will be worth, if I would notice a great improvement, an important step forward. The point is that I am very happy with my Simcube 1. It works great, it's strong, fast and I find it quite realistic, but I have not tried the Simucube 2, so I cannot compare. I will not make use of the wireless device and I will keep on using my only round steering wheel without any quick release, and exclusively on Assetto Corsa. I have never updated the software because it works well.
I went from the original Open Sim Wheel (OSW) with the lower-end encoder, to the OSW with updated encoder, to the OSW that could be run in the Simucube 1 software mode, to a true Simucube 1, to a Simucube 2 Pro. I would only upgrade to an SC2 (and the Sport model at that)) if, let's say, someone buys your wheel off you for almost the same price as the SC2. Otherwise, my simple answer is a big "no".

I also have the SC1, this weekend I got to use the SC2 at a friend’s place. I wouldn’t upgrade, if there is a difference, it’s very small.

Latest News

Back