Set ups

Codemasters F1 has a workshop where you can load all the different setups for all cars and tracks before going into the game. Does AM2 have this anywhere???

The thing that has me scratching my head is why on earth would setup files be named like they are if they are just “independent” files being read/parsed as they’re needed?
AMS2_vtsExample.jpg

There's already a 16 character limit for your setup names within the game's GUI, why isn't that just used for the setup file names? It genuinely makes me wonder whether there might be some sort of “database” being maintained for the setups within the game’s internals. Hopefully I’m just being paranoid.

Why make them and nearly everything else, even controller configs, non-human-readable? Who knows... I guess they just don't want people messing about with any files, no matter how innocent.

Setups are shared via time trial already. Load an entry as a ghost and then click the wrench icon in the "ghost window".
But yeah, you need to be in game to get those.
What?
Are you sure?
I just thought that this wrench thing symbolised if you were using the default setup or your own.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Oh man if you are right then I suddenly realise that other people have been able to grab my setups:roflmao:

Oh man this is embarrassing.
I just grabbed the TT setup from the fastest driver of the car I use at the moment - and when I checked it out it was more or less the default with some minor changes.
Among others the wings.
But the strange (and embarrassing) thing was that the guys setup had 56L fuel - while my own setup had very low fuel to squeeze the last 1/100 out of the lap.
But ok when I lowered the fuel I was able to get "close" to my own PB(= +0.3sec).
Which shows that setups doesnt make miracles.:ninja:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I can suddenly remember that this grabbing a setup from TT was also possible in pCars2.:)

I've noticed whatever I set the fuel to doesn't matter. It's locked at 5 litres permanently.
It would make sense if it locks your fuel to a specific level in TT mode. R3E does the same in Leaderboard mode. They probably just haven't gotten around to disabling to slider, even though it doesn't to anything. (Like the didn't lock the TC/ABS sliders for cars that didn't even have those features until recently.)

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 123 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.1%