Seat belt tensioner mod - attach sides to frame or seat?

Guys, I have done this before and it certainly works with my NLR V3

however for the attachment of the side fixings, in my old rig I had them attached driectly to the frame, but am wondering if they would be better attached to the top moving part of the V3 where it attaches to the seat.

Normally I would just go ahead and try it, but in this case attaching to the base frame will need me to drill and tap holes, so I don't want to drill and tap two redundant holes just for back to back testing.

Has anyone done this mod themselves and tried out the two different fixing points to see which works better to (potentially) save me drilling useless holes?

Cheers

Les

I have a NJMotion Compact R seat mover and I liked the idea of attaching the harness directly to the rig profile so that it works like a passive seat belt tensioner. I started using different kind of springs until I realized they were not really needed so I ended up removing them completelly.

Last edited:
I tried the bungee cord idea in fact I came up with some rather nice 3D printed parts for them.

Both pictures are with the belts loose without me buckled in.

I thought that the results weren't worth the effort. Unless you have serious dive under braking, you won't feel a thing and I don't like hard diving while braking. I feel crunched up to the steering wheel and pedals.

BungeeClampsInstalled_6241.jpg

Then I tried stronger heavy duty bungees and doubled them up. Still worthless.
BungeeTake2_6253.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Back