SC2 Ticking Noise

Hi folks,

Has anyone had this with their Simucube 2? Mines new, fresh out of the box. Hoping its not an RMA given i've waited ages to build the setup.

Tested with AC and ACC - same issue.

Thanks,

this is AC, right? can you share a screenshot of your ffb settings?
Correct - AC but i'm also seeing it on ACC. Have yet to try rFactor, struggling to get that game to even pick-up the wheelbase.

1673175658598.png

1673175680826.png

same here, never managed to map the sc2 in rfactor 2... your AC settings look fine.
Is anything in CSP activated? There are extra FFB setting that will be active when the experimental FFB settings are checked.
1673175902238.png

I have had a play with these - with no luck. Would be interested to hear if they're similar to yours.

I think I have aside from the "more physically gyro implementation" unchecked. aside from that it looks pretty much the same. Do you remember when it started? for me it was fine until I installed the december firmware. But I also moved to a new pc at the same time, so I can't really tell...

I've just disabled CSP FFB and its not removed the issue, so I don't think the "more physically gyro implemtation" is the issue.

It's a brand new wheelbase, updated with the latest (Dec) firmware - perhaps its a firmware bug? I've posted on the granitedevice's forum in hope of a response.

Have you tried rolling back the firmware version? Did that solve your issue?

Last edited:
no, not yet since I only have the problem in AC and I barely play it atm. Could you send me the link to the forum post?

I'll let you know the outcome if I need to contact Simucube support

Last edited:
I don't have any clicking noises on mine, but that digital grinding sound is sort of normal, but does sound a bit on the louder side (might be differences in settings).

What is a bit confusing to me is in your post on granite you state you have the Simucube Sport, but in your screenshot it says "Simucube 2 Pro". Perhaps there's some sort of mismatch which is causing the issue. I would mention this as perhaps there's a firmware bug that Granite needs to fix.

• Deleted member 197115

Correct - AC but i'm also seeing it on ACC. Have yet to try rFactor, struggling to get that game to even pick-up the wheelbase.

View attachment 629616
View attachment 629618
Try to zero out road and kerb effects. You don't really need them with DD wheel or any wheel for that matter.
"More physically correct gyro" is not going to work with damper you are using, it's very oscillatory and snappy. Use standard Gyro instead.
And try to set damping in game settings to 0.

Check this post for my settings, you can use them as a base and modify for your liking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just added a comment to your post on granite's site, but I also noticed this thread: https://community.granitedevices.com/t/assetto-corsa-wierd-knocking-when-stationary/10446

Perhaps the latest firmware has some issues. I'm not sure if you can simply try an older firmware without jumping through any hoops. If it's simple you can try that.
Thanks for responding on the thread. I've clarified on there and I see you've responded.

I've removed the ticking noise, for now - but tweaking settings and lowing the FFB. Seems a bit unusual to have to do this - i'm not going to use the max NM strength, but the wheel should handle that without issue, right?
Try to zero out road and kerb effects. You don't really need them with DD wheel or any wheel for that matter.
"More physically correct gyro" is not going to work with damper you are using, it's very oscillatory and snappy. Use standard Gyro instead.
And try to set damping in game settings to 0.

Check this post for my settings, you can use them as a base and modify for your liking.
Thanks Andrew. I'll be sure to give these a go tomorrow - i've played with so many profiles today, my heads started to spin!

Good to know about the road and kerb effects - i'll certainly lower these to zero.

Whilst I have fixed the ticking issue, the wheel does make an unusual vibrating/oscillating type noise at a stand-still. Hopefully your config will sort this.

• Deleted member 197115

Whilst I have fixed the ticking issue, the wheel does make an unusual vibrating/oscillating type noise at a stand-still. Hopefully your config will sort this.
That must be DI Damper bug in TD FW, I believe Mika commented on that in your GD thread.
Set in game Damper to 0 as in my settings, you will lose wheel resistance when stationary but it makes overall FFB cleaner, there is bug in AC when some residual DI Damper is left after car starts moving, adding some noise to the signal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a random video for the Simucube 2 Pro (same as what I have). Not sure what settings are being used in this guy's video, but this is typically what mine sounds like with the FF settings I use.

I just tested this setup and I think it works quite nice.

Latest News

Back