Recommendations Please for Flight Pedals, DD Wheel, and Pedal System

Luscombe

Premium
Hi,
I am new to the forum and looking for some hardware recommendations. I hope this is the right place to start.

My objective is to complete a DIY 80/20 motion rig (SFX150) with a Thanos controller set up as a 3 or 4 servo motion simulator. I started the build several years ago, before Covid, and have accumulated the 80/20 the rig hardware, VW Golf seat, 80/20, motion components and controller are all in hand. Currently working on the 3D printing for the actuators. Things slowed down while trying to complete the PC, video cards were really hard to find. Finally located an RTX 8020 Ti that pairs well with my HP Reverb VR goggles.

A VR setup is the plan but it may turn into (3) Monitors.

My first love is Flight Simulation, GA & Combat, my second is Racing simulation. I will start a Cockpit Build thread shortly to document my journey and share the experience with others.

For now, I am interested in recommendations for the following:

1. Set of aviation pedals. I used to fly GA aircraft so am interested in quality/ realistic feel. These will be paired with my Honey Comb Yoke and throttle. I also have a HOTAS stick for combat. I would like a quality set of pedals and avoid upgrade itus.

2. DD base & Wheel + Pedals, Shifter & Handbrake. I am a novice at Sim racing so I don't really think I need top-end equipment. I do not have a desire to compete in iRacing. I originally was looking at the Fanatec ecosystem or the Accuforce wheel setup, especially the Accuforce software. The selection is a little overwhelming so any recommendations would be appreciated.

I am located in the US.

I appreciate any advice you may share. Thanks in advance!

For flight sim pedals, best options are:
Slaw RX2 if budget is not an issue
MFG Crosswinds
VKB T-rudder, fantastic if you fly helicopters, no toe brakes although I don´t miss them much
Virpil different models
JT3A0551-980x653.jpg

MFG-Crosswind-1-480x360.jpg

VKB-Sim-T-Rudder-Pedals-MkIV-For-Flight-Sim.jpg

f6adb9bf711ff812458e3a83e5c9e743149185ae_2_690x411.png

my reccomendation also includes staying away from Saitek/Logitech and Thrustmaster(even the mega overpriced TPR)

Crosswinds are great!
Order also the adjustement for the width so that you can attach the pedals between your rig as you have a motion rig.
great suggestion. I will have to order this option later. I did get two sets of pedals and the hydraulic damper though. My motion rig has a ways to go before it moves. For now, it will just be a dedicated rig until I get the servo 3d parts printed.
Thanks for the suggestion.

How about suggestions for DD wheels, pedals, and shifters? I was looking at Acuforce but not sure how popular they are right now.
Regarding simracing my experience is very limited, my logitech G25 lasted more than a decade, then I moved to a second hand tm t300rs, low/mid level budget quality, but ditched the pedals and moved into dcsimracing DC2, which are truly awesome and great value for money.
They are made in Spain which is my country so that helped with the decision.
No idea about good choices within usa, but I'm sure dcsimracing sell overseas

How about suggestions for DD wheels, pedals, and shifters? I was looking at Acuforce but not sure how popular they are right now.

Here products that are the best in the market at the moment:

- Grid P911 V2

- H-pattern shifter:

- Seq. shifter:

- Simtag pedals:

- Racewerk S1 pro pedals:

But really depends on car that you drive....and on your budget...

Latest News

Back