AC RDGT4 Championship Round 5 - Donington Park GP - 24th April 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to Donington park, for the fifth and final round of the Ginetta GT4 championship!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, race servers and discord can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

DoningtonPark10.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 18:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (SEE POST #3)
  • 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

GT4

Event details:
  • Track: Donington Park GP, England
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 35C track
  • Track Condition: Clear/cloudy, Improving grip, SW wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

RaceDepartment Club Racing Rules - Video Link

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Penalties

A championship gives us the opportunity to deduct points or add time as a penalty. Below are the penalties for this championship. Please report these kind of incidents to the host. That will help to get even cleaner events. For multiple unsafe actions within a single reported incident, the time penalties and point deductions are cumulative.

• Golden Rule: if you break the Golden Rule, all points will be deducted from that event. Normal procedure via formal report and internal discussion within RD staff if there's an disagreement.
  • Unsafe overtake/defending or dive bomb: 5/10/30 second penalties for each case.
  • Track Limits: 5/10/30 second penalties for gaining an advantage outside of tracks limits.
  • Ignoring blue flag: 2 points taken off for each case.
  • Dangerous Driving: 2+ points may be also deducted for any unsafe actions causing an incident (e.g. unsafe rejoin/unsafe pit exit/swerving on the straight etc.)
  • All reported incidents and penalties to be judged by host (Brian) and co-host (Han) via the usual PM system. Gentlemanly actions, or otherwise, after an incident may effect the final penalty awarded.

Is this really on the National circuit? I only ask because tonight's TT/MX5 race was on the GP layout. Not bother either way but I would like to practice the correct layout :)

shame, national track is so much better ;) looking forward to tonight!

Ye agree. It was the original plan. Can't recall why I changed it to the gp before launching the championship... Still it should be good. I think there is more overtaking possibility on the gp circuit.

There are some interesting layouts if you click 2010 proposals in the racingcircuits.info link

Last edited:
Quick recovery Brian!!

Race report:
Damn what a finale for me! I was 3 points behind Tim in the CC so the fight was on :p
I did practice quite a bit last week but didn't get any wheel-time this week.
So my qualy was a bit off the pace but still perfectly fine and in the end, the same as the race fastest lap ranking.
Had a great start but didn't want to risk anything. Someone closed the door in lap 1 and we had a nice drift though. Didn't look at the replay yet but I think it's all fine...

The lead pack got slowly further away, while Andre pressured me from behind but didn't get close enough to attack.
I tried to stay as close to Tim as possible and waited for a mistake that never happened.
I also had an eye on real time to pit when the gap behind me would be big enough...

Enzo and Joel came up from behind after their pit stops and as you all heard, I let them through since my battle was with Tim, not with them. Joel sounded a bit confused haha :D

I went for the pit stop before Tim and hoped the gap would be big enough. Came out of the pits with Ernie 0.4s behind me into T1. Close enough!

He then had some fun pressuring me and I was starting to wonder whether or not he had a magically super quick pit stop and some alien pace today...
But yeah, he had to pit! But before doing so, he was so kind to wake me up for the rest of the race by hitting my rear end into the big hair pin, warming my tyres up by some 30m 90° powerslide to the apex :roflmao: :roflmao:
After slightly touching my rear wing again in the last corner, he went into the pit and to my surprise, Tim was 5s behind me?!?!?!?!?!

I somehow managed to stay on track, finishing in front of Tim but sadly Ernie wasn't between us anymore so he finished the CC with 1 point more than me, getting the well deserved podium spot.

At least I can go to sleep early and won't have to do some after-race-party for the podium :whistling:

This CC started as some casual club racing for me but got pretty serious in the end.

Thanks to everyone for the great fun, fair battles and simply filling the grids for us all to enjoy racing! :):inlove:

Not a great performance today, I couldn't find pace in the race at all. Managed to hold Axel of for a while but he was quicker as was Joel. @RasmusP you were just faster than me I think is the reason for the 5 seconds behind you after pitting, I kept losing time to mistakes so the pitstop wasn't the issue for me today just consistency. I actually spun 2 laps before the end and only just got going again before Ernie got past me too. He was also quicker than me so I came very close to coming 6th. A couple more laps and I might have been in trouble. (Ernie you wouldn't have would you...? :roflmao: ).

Well done Enzo for the win of the event and championship and Axel for being just a bit too quick for me to fight with yet

Also thanks to Joel for only showing up later in the championship :roflmao:

@Interslice thanks for organising the championship.

Ironically Tim I would not have taken a spot off you irrespective of what happened to you even if you had lost more time with your off than you did, I am well out of this championship with two DNF, so I had already decided to do that, I was just racing for fun.:)

Funnily I have had some cracking races in this series, and been most impressed at the pace of our resident aliens.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Back