RaceRoom Racing Experience - Constructive Criticism Only Please

Original title/idea for this thread came from Axe over at the Steam forums.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/864959809637147863/

Figured it would be a good idea to construct a simulair thread here aswell.
Its more likley to get noticed by the Devs and wil hopefully stay clean of useless comments.
(Moderated sites just work a whole lot better)

For now i only wanted to make a minor suggestion regarding Visuals..
And as mentioned in the thread i linked, i would like to see some sparks added when bottoming out or hitting a curb. I would allso love to see some vibration on the wings of cars at certain speeds or road surfaces. Would add a lot to the emersion/realism for me.

Heres a cool little Vid showing some insane sparks from F1 cars :)

Feel free to add youre own suggestions regarding visuals, menu, sound, gameplay etc.

Motec i2 Pro support, please.
And proper car setup options. But not like in Race series, I mean no front and rear setups on different pages, that's no good.

Oh and grid girls for andi!

I find the menu system to be extremely confusing. It could be thought out a lot better.
Also the tuning section is very daunting and is it just me but I always imagine a car sitting in front of me with the rear wheels to the left and front wheels to the right.

It seems odd the running has this the other way around.

Apart from that I absolutely love this game. I could sit and do laps of Bathurst forever. Now just give me a V8 Supercar. ;)

Dint take me to long to get adjusted to the menu systems but it seems quite a few feel the same way. I doubt they will change that though as they were pretty excited/happy with this layout when they first presented it. One thing it deff needs is controller support for those that use pads.

And regarding the Motec or XD plugin, idd love to see something simuliar aswell (personaly i liked the way rFactor1 presented the telementry) This data is vital when setting up the car. Cant tell what the setup is doing to the tire temps atm.

is it just me but I always imagine a car sitting in front of me with the rear wheels to the left and front wheels to the right.

It seems odd the running has this the other way around.

Is there any sim where it's done the way you described? I would find it really odd if it was the way you said.

Imo GTR2 did it the best way, you look the car from top, especially with that garage menu mod it was superb

would love to see a description of what things do in the car setup menu when you pass the curser over them eg diff coast/power and the ability to turn it off after awhile when you learn it
There are girls ? :whistling:

Features i miss:
- a more physics-based FFB (from suspension+tyres) 'out of the box' and less canned effects
- Plugin-support (for something like RealFeel or Motec-Data)
- Multiplayer mode with good league support (but i hope this is still coming)
- Support for CustomSkins (especially for league racing)
- Option to have real distance/brake markers (and not these huge arcade-style arrow signs)

One issue that I really would love to be fixed is how the cars shadow on the track flickers when watching a replay. Maybe its just because of the resolution of the track and nothing can be done but it really kills immersion.

some others...

1. flickering car shadow on track.
2. tires interpenetrating with track geometry / tires floating
3. please add pop-up tool-tips with full explanation to all options especially FFB options
4. need ability to save settings for each car including FFB and steering lock settings
5. real-time tire deformation..... that would be fantastic.

Iam enjoying this game thus far content is coming graphics and sounds are great! Some things I d like to see addressed
1. Ffb seems to have ether a dead zone or there's a slight delay from wheel input to wheels when set at 900 degrees...easily fixed by lowering to 720
2. Little to no continual road ffb...with exception to curbs which I find a tad week when rumbling
3. Live telemetry would be extremely helpful
5. Custom skin support....it would be quit odd seeing a field of 20 running only 3 liveries
6. I don't mind the home screen navigation but must admit it needs to be re organized by separating the cars and tracks from one another
7. Weather?
8. Pricing...I find it to be fair but why not a set price for tracks (400) and cars (150) or make it so that with 500 vrp u can at least purchase a track car combo

FFB is such an essential part of a sim and I know it's just an open beta but I wonder why Simbin doesn't adress this issue !

Driving on Monza feels just like driving on a flat surface totally free from any sort of bumps wich make the whole "experience" feel a bit too sterile at the moment.

I'm confident that Simbin will fix it though, hopefully in the near future !

A sim without good FFB gets real boring real quick !

Iam enjoying this game thus far content is coming graphics and sounds are great! Some things I d like to see addressed
1. Ffb seems to have ether a dead zone or there's a slight delay from wheel input to wheels when set at 900 degrees...easily fixed by lowering to 720
2. Little to no continual road ffb...with exception to curbs which I find a tad week when rumbling
3. Live telemetry would be extremely helpful
5. Custom skin support....it would be quit odd seeing a field of 20 running only 3 liveries
6. I don't mind the home screen navigation but must admit it needs to be re organized by separating the cars and tracks from one another
7. Weather?
8. Pricing...I find it to be fair but why not a set price for tracks (400) and cars (150) or make it so that with 500 vrp u can at least purchase a track car combo

I found lowering the degrees of rotation from 900 to 720 helped a lot and dropping the ffb effects from full to med and adding fanaleds really brought the game to live on my gt3 rs
I can really feel the weight shifting through the suspension and gives a great feel in tire flex and grip....still need to tighten up the overall feel without making heavy but a good start non the less!
I was enjoying it before but even more with these small tweaks :)

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 131 27.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 114 23.5%
  • CPU

Votes: 61 12.6%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 87 17.9%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 52 10.7%