RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDFIA OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
It is with our apologies today that we must admit that a mistake did occur during the recent Dutch GP. After a informal protest was received from Heineken-Honda car number 6, further investigations have proved that a lapse in concentration has meant that the race was started at an improper time. Due to recent Daylight Savings Activity in Australia, the designed system to rectify this exact problem was not utilised and the race started.
While the mistake has happened, we will not be voiding the results of the race. Mainly that the race has run its distance fully, with the majority finishing quickly, and also we'd rather not have a complaint from a certain Jordan #11 driver....
It is also a good moment to recognise that all times will be done in accordance to Australian Eastern Time (now currently Daylight savings).
Again, apologies to all that feel somewhat disadvantaged by this occurrence, we will be working very hard to make sure this does not happen again.

Hah, you're a funny one, aren't you? :sneaky: :D

[offtopic]Hello! As you may know I have bought F1 2013. Here, in FR I believe that you all are friends of me, so if anyone wants to have CO-OP championship with somebody else, he can talk to me.

Thanks, Manolis[/offtopic]

PS: If I do CO-OP with somebody, don't tell Aidan, he will be starting races when have have ours :sneaky:[offtopic]

Finish!, which is what I was hoping to write when I saw this alert:

upload_2013-10-11_7-21-48.png

UTZER FINALLY SCORES BIG
REMARKABLE CHANGE IN FORM FOR DEFENDING CONSTRUCTORS

1st. Ben Utzer
Online Racing S20.png
2nd. Florin Diaconescu +0.584
McLaren (80's) S20.png

3rd. James Chant +2.686
Heineken Honda S20.png
The Dutch GP was touted to show the world the better side of Forum Racing after the Monaco, except for an unfortunate mistake by the RDFIA during the starting sequence. With only 3 of 5 lights turning on, the lights went out leaving some drivers wondering if the race had started or not. Leading through the confusion was Ben Utzer, who didn't get the best start of everyone there, who worked with a well balanced car to overtake Florin Diaconescu and James Chant in the dying laps to score a memorable victory for Online Racing, a team finding it's feet again. It was hard luck for Diaconescu who battled with his McLaren after an endplate was knocked off at the start, but the McLaren showed its speed with its ease at keeping the Honda behind easily. Behind the top three were the two Jordans, Rami Saidy breaking the top 5 for the first time in 5 races, leading home Old Wolf who has finished 5th three times in a row now. Sig Man brought the points home for McLaren in 6th, while Owen, Macdonald, Said and Herbert finished out the top 10.
The championship is still very close, although Diaconescu has broken out for a handy 12 point lead over Sig. Utzer has come screaming into contention with the win, only 7 points from overhauling Macdonald for 5th. McLaren ended up extending their lead, although Online Racing matched their points haul, and have moved to 8 points behind Jordan. OR have had podiums in the past 4 races, this being their first win of the season. Honda continue to dominate the engine manufacturers, although the performance of Utzer and Said has stopped the bleeding and Ferrari are keeping ahead of being less than half Honda's score. Renault remarkably are closer to Ferrari than Honda, the French company keeping the Italians honest.

Next race of the season travels to the gateway of Asia, Istanbul. Omer Said will be looking for a memorable home race, a win for him could well get him in contention for a championship, while Chant will be looking for a fifth podium in 6 races. Safe to say this will be a great race for Forum Racing.

Results
1st. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari)
2nd. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda) +0.584
3rd. J. Chant (Honda) +2.686
4th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda) +3.110
5th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda) +10.529
6th. S. Man (McLaren-Honda) +11.502
7th. F. Owen (Renault) +15.784
8th. A. Macdonald (Honda) +24.038
9th. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari) +31.182
10th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Reanult) +37.141
11th. S. Jednak (Ferrari) +66.813
12th. T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari) +1 lap
DNF G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table.jpg

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@Benutzername A fantastic victory that has dragged you back into championship contention. How was the feeling on finally winning for the team this year?
@Florin Diaconescu Remarkably, this is only your third podium this season, yet you've stretched out to a 12 point lead, is it just a case of consistency to the end of the season?
@James Chant A second podium in a row. Is the plan similar to Florin, just keep good consistency?
@oldwolf @Rami Saidy Neither of you could grab a podium today, but you still achieved the teams best result since New Jersey. Is the car speed now coming back to you guys?​

@Benutzername A fantastic victory that has dragged you back into championship contention. How was the feeling on finally winning for the team this year?
@Florin Diaconescu Remarkably, this is only your third podium this season, yet you've stretched out to a 12 point lead, is it just a case of consistency to the end of the season?
@James Chant A second podium in a row. Is the plan similar to Florin, just keep good consistency?
@oldwolf @Rami Saidy Neither of you could grab a podium today, but you still achieved the teams best result since New Jersey. Is the car speed now coming back to you guys?​
The plan is to keep scoring points, the more points, the better!

Consistency is key.

We had two bad races but now we are back again. We must keep working to compete for some podiums in the next races

@Benutzername A fantastic victory that has dragged you back into championship contention. How was the feeling on finally winning for the team this year?​

Fantastic! If we are able to keep our pace and finally get two good results in one race (the last races there always was just one good result, sometimes Omer, someimes me) then we might can come into the constructor fight, or maybe in the top drivers area in the driver-championship. But before getting toopositive, we have to stay low with our expectations. Stay realistic. Think from one race to another. But the season is long, i remember seasons like in season 18 were Linus Broström catched up in the end of the season, Godin in season 17, Broström in season 14 or the legendary Michael Vinall, who had an awesome start into season 14 but retired after a few races. So, i hope we can built up on our pace, but its also possible to drop down again to our pace from the first two races. Lets see...

Finish?

Eddie and the crew have been monitoring the setup of our cars carefully, which may have helped us in this race. As long as we keep improving the car for the challenges for each Grand Prix, you should expect to see us up there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back