RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, anyone who disliked the penalties, you are more than welcome to anonymously (to the competition) discuss with me your problems in a PM, I see little problem for this to occur so I would like to hear any concerns.

I founded his post informative, but not because I benefited from it, but because it was really informative. Last year I and Omer Said both had a 2 hour penalty, when you were in Aidan's place. It isn't good when it happens to you, it seems.

And it seems that the 2 hour penalty wasn't my choice fully
And it seems that I knew that you would say that
And it seems that you always have a go at me
And it seems that I don't really care

Phew! I'm still 3rd only 6 minutes ahead of Sig :)

I'm not objecting to the penalties, i agree. Proper moderatorship it is :thumbsup:. But will be more careful next time as when i posted, it was 6 past for my PC and mobile phone's clock, yet 3 past for the forum it seems :roflmao:

And rofl at the people who dislikes a post just because a moderator doing his job properly. :rolleyes:

How do you know I disliked the post, you were simply guessing.

Let's close this for goodness sake, you don't mind because you have your podium in tact, but before you reply saying it is not relevant, I already know ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know I disliked the post, you were simply guessing.

Let's close this for goodness sake, you don't mind because you have your podium in tact, but before you reply saying it is not relevant, I already know ;)

Moderators can see who rated things :) And i did not intend any offense. You loled at someone, i rofled at someone, there is no problem ;)

HONDA WIN BIG IN MONACO
CHAOS BEHIND AS DRIVERS PENALISED

1st. James Chant
Heineken Honda S20.png
2nd. Alexander Macdonald +31.861
Heineken Honda S20.png

3rd. Omer Said +37.172
Online Racing S20.png
The Monaco Grand Prix offered excitement for those who attended, in hindsight there was never really a chance that was going to happen. James Chant and Alexander Macdonald combined for the first 1-2 of the season. But while on paper it looked easy, notable exception here being that Chant was never in any position of not winning, the simple fact is that it was by no means "easy" for the Heineken sponsored team.
Chant started well, Macdonald close behind while they were followed by Omer Said and Sig Man up the hill. While the first few laps were close, little difference was made. Ben Utzer had a big look up the inside of Old Wolf but decided better off that it was not particularly good idea into the chicane. As pit stops started and strategy became apparent, a miraculous safety car appeared as Thomas Hackel lost control of his Honk coming out of the tunnel, the resultant collision with the barriers not enough to stop the veteran, but enough to see the barriers needing a fixing. Upon the restart, the red mist descended. Numerous drivers had not yet pitted, as the old saying goes, safety cars breed safety cars. In Monaco this is true, and the pile up that was caused will surely be remembered for a while.
Macdonald was running second, but a poor getaway saw him under pressure from Rami Saidy and Utzer. With Herbert and Said behind him, Utzer was sandwiched, and a small touch from the Red Bull car saw him continue through the second part of the swimming pool and ahead of Saidy. The Jordan driver attempted to duck up the inside in the next section, resulting in a large collision with Utzer. Herbert continued through, while Said baulked Fred Owen at the pit entry as the Renault attempted to pit. Saidy continued onwards while Utzer, with heavy damage, limped to his garage where some fine work saw him soon continue.
The race continued, Chant in control, Macdonald in no-mans land between Chant and Said, while championship leader Florin Diaconescu was travelling in 8th with a car that was struggling through the corners. Very soon the stewards had their word on the events, deeming that Herbert was responsible for an unsafe manoeuvre, Saidy for the same in the second collision, and Said for unfairly blocking Owen's route to the pits. These penalties came late on in the race, Said kept his position from Sig and Wolf by mere seconds, the two Honda powered drivers having a clean race before this, but could find no way past the German, while Saidy and Herbert, Herbert right on Saidy's gearbox, were swept up by a dashing Diaconescu up the hill. It became apparent though that Saidy was several meters ahead of Herbert by pit exit, a subsequent investigation deemed Saidy was over the speed limit in the pits by a margin of 5%, and a second drive through was handed to the now furious Jordan driver. Jordan immediately protested against these penalties, but they were ultimately upheld by the RDFIA as there was no doubt in either incident.
Thus, Diaconescu held out Herbert for 2 extra spots while Utzer battled with Owen and Jednak, both sporting scars of the incident, and won to take ninth. In another note, Gary Ludlum's week went from bad to worse, as his Honk wouldn't start before the race, and Gary was forced into a DNS, off the back of his separate racing team having their car retire from the lead in The Netherlands earlier on.

Results
1st. J. Chant (Honda)
2nd. A. Macdonald (Honda) +31.861
3rd. O. Said (Online Racing-Ferrari) +37.172
4th. S. Man (McLaren-Honda) +37.743
5th. O. Wolf (Jordan-Honda) +37.779
6th. F. Diaconescu (McLaren-Honda) +43.090
7th. B. Herbert (Red Bull Racing-Renault) +43.532
8th. R. Saidy (Jordan-Honda) +46.901
9th. B. Utzer (Online Racing-Ferrari) +51.852
10th. T. Hackel (Honk-Ferrari) +2 laps
11th. S. Jednak (Ferrari) +2 laps
12th. F. Owen (Renault) +3laps
DNS G. Ludlum (Honk-Ferrari)

Standings
S20 Championship Table.jpg

OFFICIAL RDFIA PRESS CONFERENCE
@James Chant Your team took the full 48 points here, no team has done that this season. How are you feeling, seeing this team has been your project for a while now?
@Alexander Macdonald A similar question to you too Alex, you could have left last season, but a strong start this season has shown you in the right. How does this one feel for you?
@Omer Said In the Online Racing camp, what is it like seeing your biggest rivals from last season take a dominant 1-2 here?
To all drivers, after the podium ceremony, there was footage of a joint RDFIA and drivers meeting, in which the penalties were discussed. Are there any comments on the meeting or your feeling on these penalties?​

It was a fantastic result for the Heineken Honda Racing team.
May this be the first of many 1-2s, we are in a strong position now to mount a fight for both driver and constructors titles.

To all drivers, after the podium ceremony, there was footage of a joint RDFIA and drivers meeting, in which the penalties were discussed. Are there any comments on the meeting or your feeling on these penalties?​
I must say they were absolutely fair. Aidan Whiting did his job, and we are happy the he has shown great consistency, in all of his decisions.

Some of us drivers were quite enthusiastic about getting a positive result, and that is the reason for the penalties. I do think they were fair, even if it cost me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back