quiz 2024: who deserves?

no idea how to start...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: so here goes:

(here it does NOT matter the cars, nor how they are currently in the standings... rather their personal "performance" in their "best moment")

of the drivers who are CURRENTLY in F1 2024:
QUESTION A -which drivers do you think are REALLY "championship material"?
(make a list, but no matter the order) (here do NOT count alonzo, verstapen, nor hamilton because they are already champions).

MY ANSWER:
-leglerg
- "george"
-Albono: without a doubt I think he is material, maybe he lacks "character", but he could give serious problems to others with the right car.
-lynda norris
-pistri ( he's still cooking himself, but he's no vandorne)
and ocOn (yes, I don't like him at all, but with how aggressive he is, and how "fast" (I think) he is... he's championship material...either he wins it or he self-destructs).

QUESTION B-which drivers do you think that EVENTUALLY (WITHOUT BEING "MATERIAL") could win a championship? (I REPEAT: here it does NOT matter the cars, nor how they are currently in the standings... but rather their personal "performance" in their "best moment") (obviously, those who are here cannot be in the above list).

my answer:
-sainz
-ricardo
-gasly
-(perez... no):D

QUESTION C-which drivers on the grid deserve to be f1 champions AS SOON AS POSSIBLE?
here you can comment on what YOU WANT (questions A and B were what you THINK, and here they don't matter)
(now yes, the list indicates the order in which you want them to win as soon as possible) (now yes, you can include vers, ham, and alonzon)

MY ANSWER:
-leglerg
- and the others mentioned in the list 1 in that order (I got lazy):laugh:

QUESTION D (sponsored by kubica and maldonado)
-which driver on the current grid deserves to win his FIRST race as soon as possible?

MY ANSWER:
-albono... no doubt.
-(i don't put pistri because it's obvious that his day will come INEVITABLY, but albon is one of those that i do wish he wins his first race as soon as possible).
-hulkenberger (and I even dare to say magnum-sen)... I would like to see what they are capable of doing ( and not "undo" :roflmao: :D :laugh: ).

QUESTION E. and finally question sponsored by hulkenberger
-which driver on the current grid deserves to get his FIRST podium as soon as possible?

my answer:
(albon already got podiums)
-bearman

... oh, yes, I forgot, NICO HULKENBERGER!!!!

QUESTION F.
"ejector seat" question: if you had the ability to make a driver of the current grid RETIRE DEFINITELY from F1.... who would you remove?

my answer:
"Corporal" Sargeant, and "incidentally" tie his shoelaces together with stroll, and make a 2x1 discount.
(at least, latifi was nice, funny... he is missed)
it takes people like Bearman, and Liam Neeson ...I mean Lawson.

a random mika shows up
Sin título.jpg

Last edited:
As a Max Verstappen fan from the very beginning. Should I put my money on

Norris, (although I don't know yet whether he is a real killer like Verstappen?) talent? Yes, of course!! and he should be able to become world champion. Mc Laren is definitely a team to keep an eye on.

Piastri (ice cold great talent!!) when he gets his tire management even better in order, Norris and the rest of the grid must take this driver seriously into account!

Leclerc (very great talent! probably the fastest of everyone over one lap. But he is also hasty and still impatient) he should certainly be able to win a WDC and more!? when Ferrari has a good car. Due to Ferrari's own mistakes, he missed a lot of podiums. I personally don't see Lewis challenging Leclerc next year, it will be Lewis's Waterloo. Leclerc simply has too much talent and Lewis is too old to beat him. Since he's already having trouble with George Russel.

Some of the rest
Albon? yes I love him, but he had his big chance next to Verstappen and we know how that ended. He should get another chance, because he drives really well!

Gasly too inconsistent

George Russel (still makes too many mistakes) to take a number 1 spot at Mercedes.

Sainz sometimes surprises me and sometimes not at all, so also variable, he drives very good races with unremarkable races

As a Max Verstappen fan from the very beginning. Should I put my money on

Norris, (although I don't know yet whether he is a real killer like Verstappen?) talent? Yes, of course!! and he should be able to become world champion. Mc Laren is definitely a team to keep an eye on.

Piastri (ice cold great talent!!) when he gets his tire management even better in order, Norris and the rest of the grid must take this driver seriously into account!

Leclerc (very great talent! probably the fastest of everyone over one lap. But he is also hasty and still impatient) he should certainly be able to win a WDC and more!? when Ferrari has a good car. Due to Ferrari's own mistakes, he missed a lot of podiums. I personally don't see Lewis challenging Leclerc next year, it will be Lewis's Waterloo. Leclerc simply has too much talent and Lewis is too old to beat him. Since he's already having trouble with George Russel.

Some of the rest
Albon? yes I love him, but he had his big chance next to Verstappen and we know how that ended. He should get another chance, because he drives really well!

Gasly too inconsistent

George Russel (still makes too many mistakes) to take a number 1 spot at Mercedes.

Sainz sometimes surprises me and sometimes not at all, so also variable, he drives very good races with unremarkable races
thanks for answering!!!!!... (it would have been great if you had answered it as QUESTION A, b, c...just the answers.... but "no problemo") (that way it would be easier to know what you answered and in what category)

I would like to clarify that ANY driver who had a "difficult year" in the second redbull car... is in serious doubt about being a bad driver (that is, if someone says that he is not a good driver... just for that year, and THAT car...I doubt it) because the redbull is "tailor-made" for verstapen...
so, albono in a "normal" car comparable to the rest of the cars... it's a serious contender (I think).

(for the rest) please... let's not get into debates (and neither punches nor kicks :roflmao: :D )... if anyone wishes, publish his answers... and his opinions next to them. It will be very welcome if you also have any jokes.;);):)

Last edited:
thanks for answering!!!!!... (it would have been great if you had answered it as QUESTION A, b, c...just the answers.... but "no problemo") (that way it would be easier to know what you answered and in what category)

I would like to clarify that ANY driver who had a "difficult year" in the second redbull car... is in serious doubt about being a bad driver (that is, if someone says that he is not a good driver... just for that year, and THAT car...I doubt it) because the redbull is "tailor-made" for verstapen...
so, albono in a "normal" car comparable to the rest of the cars... it's a serious contender (I think).

(for the rest) please... let's not get into debates (and neither punches nor kicks :roflmao: :D )... if anyone wishes, publish his answers... and his opinions next to them. It will be very welcome if you also have any jokes.;);):)
yes Verstappen won his first race in the car designed for Ricardo... if you are outside the category it doesn't matter

An interesting question would be: which FORMER F1 driver from recent years do you think IS still competitive? (If he wanted and were given the opportunity to be in a "championship" car he would be a serious candidate to win)
kimi... rosberg... webber... vettel...mmm I can't think of another one (mika, he's still on sabbatical) (webber: I see him having weight limit problems in his car, and see if he fits in it :laugh: )

I consider Hulkenberg one of these... although he is still active... he went through an "involuntary retirement"... and look, he is competitive (so maybe an older ex-F1 driver could still be competitive)

On the other hand (and sadly) there is the group of "the kubica's" where they returned in poor shape.

Last edited:
The many naming errors makes this a difficult read...for me at least.
However,
I'd put the drivers into two categories, Championship material, and Secondary driver.
Championship Material, are here because if any of them were put in the best car alongside anyone NOT on the list they would win the championship, there is a dotted line at the bottom because I have reservations about their consistency were they to be put up against strong 'not on the list' opposition, say, Hulk, Sainz, Albon.

No specific order:
Verstappen
Hamilton
Alonso
Norris
Piastri
......./.......
Leclerc
Russell

The rest are all mighty fine drivers but I don't believe they have a championship in them without being in the 'really best' car and a 'very' second driver...
Though Sainz, Albon and Hulkenberg are pushing towards Charlie and Goergie boy but not quite on my list.

As for Kubica, I feel the world lost a champion when he had his Rallying accident, and on return Williams didn't give him the right steering wheel for the first half of the year, that made it more awkward for him to drive at a level we'd hoped for... and he was placed up against George Russell... Mr Saturday!
As for Lance Stroll, I think that he showed flashes of brilliance but I don't think he really wants to be there any more
Danni boy missed his opportunity, and I can't see another one anywhere.

If Red Bull felt the need to drop Checo then I firmly believe that Nico Hulkenberg would be best suited to the job, he's a good qualifier and were Red Bull to offer him the chance of a win when it goes wrong for Max he'd be there... and look at the podiums he could get... yeah!
That's enough for now

The many naming errors makes this a difficult read...for me at least.
However,
I'd put the drivers into two categories, Championship material, and Secondary driver.
Championship Material, are here because if any of them were put in the best car alongside anyone NOT on the list they would win the championship, there is a dotted line at the bottom because I have reservations about their consistency were they to be put up against strong 'not on the list' opposition, say, Hulk, Sainz, Albon.

No specific order:
Verstappen
Hamilton
Alonso
Norris
Piastri
......./.......
Leclerc
Russell

The rest are all mighty fine drivers but I don't believe they have a championship in them without being in the 'really best' car and a 'very' second driver...
Though Sainz, Albon and Hulkenberg are pushing towards Charlie and Goergie boy but not quite on my list.

As for Kubica, I feel the world lost a champion when he had his Rallying accident, and on return Williams didn't give him the right steering wheel for the first half of the year, that made it more awkward for him to drive at a level we'd hoped for... and he was placed up against George Russell... Mr Saturday!
As for Lance Stroll, I think that he showed flashes of brilliance but I don't think he really wants to be there any more
Danni boy missed his opportunity, and I can't see another one anywhere.

If Red Bull felt the need to drop Checo then I firmly believe that Nico Hulkenberg would be best suited to the job, he's a good qualifier and were Red Bull to offer him the chance of a win when it goes wrong for Max he'd be there... and look at the podiums he could get... yeah!
That's enough for now
thanks for answering!!! I apologize if the reading is difficult to understand (actually, English is not my language, so with the help of a translator I do all the work);)

There are several points I wanted to highlight about what you said:

-(if I understood correctly) you say that Leclerc and Russell would have difficulties with guys like Hulk, Sainz, Albon and that is why they are not on the "championship material" list... (and to a certain extent I agree, Sainz is not He makes it easy for Leclerc)... but... from the other side (or rather the other way around)... Russell is making it very difficult for Hamilton (not to mention, he is beating him, a "TRUE championship material"(hamilton)).
In other words, the fact that he has difficulties with other drivers of his "size", I don't think that makes him "unworthy" of being "championship material". (I have always spoken - in the questionnaire - of measuring them "at their best").
(that is why the pilots in question A should not be mixed with those in question B, or vice versa)

-kubica, right, I didn't take into account that his car was inferior to his partner, and that Russell... is Russell

-The idea of Hulkenber being a Redbull driver never occurred to me:confused:... and I love the idea!!! I don't think he could give Max any problems, but he would almost certainly be right behind his ear (in addition to giving him a podium)
It's a shame he's going to Audi... but who knows, maybe he'll be winning championships until he gets bored in 2026 and beyond.:cool::D

Yes, The reason I have reservations about Russell is that he sometimes makes mistakes and rash decisions... admittedly in an inferior car that he's working too hard in, Hamilton is full on the (my) list and George slips onto the list, but, they are both on the list so the scenario isn't catered for by me.
As I said those on the list would win the Championship against any driver NOT on it (it's my belief)
If Nico changes his mind and Red Bull buy him out I'll be happy to see him on the podium more often than Checo is/has been.
Checo keeps entering the F1 season thinking he's got a chance to be WDC, he hasn't and the sooner he realises that the better off he'll be, He's not going to beat Max, so he should go about being the best wingman that Red Bull could have and be happy with all the podiums and occasional wins.

A )CHAMPIONSHIP MATERIAL
Oscar Piastri
Lando Norris
George Russell

B)WIN BUT NOT CHAMPIONHIP MATERIAL
Alex Albon
Kevin Magnussen
Lance Stroll

C)CHAMPIONSHIP ASAP
Oscar Piastri
Lando Norris
Charles Leclerc

D)FIRST WIN ASAP
Alex Albon
Yuki Tusondoa

E)FIRST PODEOM
Yuki Sunoda

F)WHO WOULD I REMOVE
Kimi Raikkonen
Daniel RIciardo
Lewis Hamillton

A )CHAMPIONSHIP MATERIAL
Oscar Piastri
Lando Norris
George Russell

B)WIN BUT NOT CHAMPIONHIP MATERIAL
Alex Albon
Kevin Magnussen
Lance Stroll

C)CHAMPIONSHIP ASAP
Oscar Piastri
Lando Norris
Charles Leclerc

D)FIRST WIN ASAP
Alex Albon
Yuki Tusondoa

E)FIRST PODEOM
Yuki Sunoda

F)WHO WOULD I REMOVE
Kimi Raikkonen
Daniel RIciardo
Lewis Hamillton
B was to win a championship, but without being "material"... If you really think like that, you have interesting tastes.;);)

C: I mean, I mean... C cannot contradict either A or B... if someone wants him to win a championship as soon as possible... it is because he believes he has "material" or at least, eventually can achieve it (meaning of A and B). (that's why a and b are what you THINK, and C is what you WANT)

and kimi "removed himself"

B was to win a championship, but without being "material"... If you really think like that, you have interesting tastes.;);)

C: I mean, I mean... C cannot contradict either A or B... if someone wants him to win a championship as soon as possible... it is because he believes he has "material" or at least, eventually can achieve it (meaning of A and B). (that's why a and b are what you THINK, and C is what you WANT)

and kimi "removed himself"
Yes Kimi is basically a development driver. He gives feedback to team on how to make the car work. And how to improve it. A bit like Michale Alboretto in the 90's he had money and could retire. People told him he should. But he loved racing and he was doing it for fun. You can put a rookie in his seat but they will be inconsistent and crash a lot.

The guy sliding under the radar of everyone is Piastri.
Once he gets bedded in, those guys will have a fight on their hands with this kid.
He is one cool cucumber....reminds me of a combination of Prost (in thinking) and Jan Pablo (in quickness).
Only in his second year in that McLaren and almost as fast as Lando.
Charles and George are extremely quick but prone to self-inflicted mistakes much like Nico Hulkenberg.
Lando is less prone to mistakes and exceptionally quick.
This coming together with Max may be the one thing he needed to cement a 'killer' instinct.
He now sees it is every man for himself on track.

I believe, and many do too, that Piastri is no longer "under the radar"... nor "is he missing a little bit"
(in MY answer to question D, I practically got piastri right)

A first win always boost a drivers confidence and leaves them wanting more of the same.
I see Oscar taking a massive step forward in the next few years.
He will certainly take the challenge to Lando in the coming events once he is fully 'bedded' in and seasoned with that car.
He is exceptionally quick and possesses an almost Alonso/Hamilton ability in the car...in that he is not prone to many mistakes.
George, Lando and Charles are exceptionally quick but I have to give Lando the edge over the other two.
He makes less mistakes overall.
Max is just...well...Max.
He is kind of an 'animal' regardless of if he is simracing or running on the real track.
Sainz I believe is a more all-round better driver than Charles. Charles is quicker over one lap but more prone to mistakes.
Carlos does need to get on with his decision though or he could find himself out of options, if even only for a short time until he is able to get back in.

A first win always boost a drivers confidence and leaves them wanting more of the same.
I see Oscar taking a massive step forward in the next few years.
He will certainly take the challenge to Lando in the coming events once he is fully 'bedded' in and seasoned with that car.
He is exceptionally quick and possesses an almost Alonso/Hamilton ability in the car...in that he is not prone to many mistakes.
George, Lando and Charles are exceptionally quick but I have to give Lando the edge over the other two.
He makes less mistakes overall.
Max is just...well...Max.
He is kind of an 'animal' regardless of if he is simracing or running on the real track.
Sainz I believe is a more all-round better driver than Charles. Charles is quicker over one lap but more prone to mistakes.
Carlos does need to get on with his decision though or he could find himself out of options, if even only for a short time until he is able to get back in.
You said that "Charles is quicker over one lap"
I personally think that "Charles is quicker" ( in general)
And you said that he is "all-round better driver than Charles"
I personally think that he is a better strategist
Now, who has the best "gain" differential?

Today, the classifications, and not making mistakes (your own, not the team's)...getting a good strategy right is a good "push", but if you are not quick to support that strategy... you will be "meh"

Last edited:

Latest News

What is on your wishlist for AC Evo

• Free roam

Votes: 241 39.2%
  • Online service

Votes: 148 24.1%
  • Advanced feature AI

Votes: 264 42.9%
  • Graphics

Votes: 187 30.4%
  • Car customization