Question for American simracers for my studyproject

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well!
For a studyproject I'm doing I would like to have some insights in how much American consumers would want to spend in total on a simracing cockpit (Just a frame and a seat).

It would be very much appreciated if you could reply and share this post with friends!

Many thanks in advance!

Chris

I wouldnt spend much on a frame and seat simply because I can make what I need. I spent maybe $130 on my seat which is just a "gaming" computer chair that is very much modified to fit my built "frame". The frame is mostly a sturdy metal and wood PC desk (I think my Mom gave it to me like 15 years ago) that I have built into a rig in the corner of my front room.

Like I said, I wouldnt spend much on something I can make very rigid myself. Id rather spend money on immersive things.

Considering I just bought a Simulab P1-X cockpit with some extras (because also bought Simucube 2 because the Fanatec CSWv2 died) and I'm repurposing a polyethylene seat purchased 24 years ago, that makes my upper limit around $1300-1400 for frame w/seat, shifter mount, mouse tray, & dead pedal.

Being age 60 and retired now, it's also taken me 24 years before I was willing to reluctantly spend that kind of money for gaming. Back in the old days, before FFB, more than $200 was ridiculous and we were perfectly happy with a non-FFB wheel clamped to a table/desk with the pedals & chair braced in place running SCGT during a LAN party. That progressed to a self-built wooden r-pod-style rig in 2008 which is only now being replaced.

Latest News

Back