Pyynikki

Tracks Pyynikki 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
luppa79 submitted a new resource:

Pyynikki - Finnish road track

Track follows the layout of the old "Pyynikinajot" races, in the Pyynikki area of the city of Tampere, Finland.
Pyynikinajot was mostly motorcycle racing, in the years 1932-1939 and 1946-1971. In 1962 and 1963 the races were part of the motorcycle racing world championships, and the layout was lengthened to the version used in this mod.

In 1965-1967 cars also took part in the racing.

thanks go to:
National Land Survey of Finland for LiDAR data and height maps
Map service...

Read more about this resource...

Hey luppa! Great job on the track! I'm an idiot who uses a DD wheel on a flimsy desk, and when I go over bumpy parts it sounds like there's an earthquake in my room😂

Some comments:
- Probably too late to correct now, but the trees/shrubs look bad in sunny weather sometimes (half of the tree bright, the other half dark). There's a way to avoid this, as described in this tutorial.
- AI side lines need to be tightened to prevent AI from going off track in the heat of the battle. They like to drive into the tree after that tower corner. Also, Formula Junior cars go too wide in the tower corner so you might want to add an AI hint there.
- AI hints tell AI cars to brake earlier/later, so they should cover the entire braking zone.
- I assume you plan to add a water texture for the lake? Now looks like a blue empty void.

Hey luppa! Great job on the track! I'm an idiot who uses a DD wheel on a flimsy desk, and when I go over bumpy parts it sounds like there's an earthquake in my room😂

Some comments:
- Probably too late to correct now, but the trees/shrubs look bad in sunny weather sometimes (half of the tree bright, the other half dark). There's a way to avoid this, as described in this tutorial.
- AI side lines need to be tightened to prevent AI from going off track in the heat of the battle. They like to drive into the tree after that tower corner. Also, Formula Junior cars go too wide in the tower corner so you might want to add an AI hint there.
- AI hints tell AI cars to brake earlier/later, so they should cover the entire braking zone.
- I assume you plan to add a water texture for the lake? Now looks like a blue empty void.

Hey!

I didn't know the platform auto-generates a forum post for a mod :)

First of all the whole lake is missing, but it should be there! A part of the export layer was disabled and a whole bunch of stuff is missing, but the rest is pretty minor details. Thanks for noticing ;)

It's not too late to correct the trees and bushes, I think I'm gonna replace and regenerate a big bunch of them. I'm going to look into adding 3D trees, but I also want to keep the mod working (and have nice trees) with vanilla AC. I did already try the KSTREE_GROUP method with varying results. some of the trees and bushes are made in a... not a standard way, to test things out. The main problem what I see in the smaller bushes is some of them are planes in an X-shape and that's horrible, I need to take them out.

I'll keep tweaking the AI while I keep working on rest of the track, but I'll take a bit of a break from the editing so will be a while until the next update.

Hi @luppa79 - thanks for the reply re: '60s version.

I wasn't meaning any real changes to the track, 'just' to add some spectators, some hay bales and some advertising banners, maybe hide any newer road signs.

Ultimately to end up with a vintage Finnish short track similar to Sergio's Eläintarha

Either way though, it's already great fun and thanks very much for the version you've made for us!

Last edited:

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 68 14.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 253 55.0%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 18 3.9%
  • Shoes

Votes: 58 12.6%
  • Simracing socks