Purchase of full motion configuration 4 actuators help!!

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of buying 4 actuators, I've been researching but I don't have much experience in the matter, from what I saw I was leaning towards PT ACTUATORS scorpion S, I've also been looking at qubic system ql-220-pl and sigmaintegrale this last one very difficult because I live in europe, what they advised me with a budget close to 7000€ or if you can save some money and buy something good, greetings to all and good simulations.

The PT actually is a great choice. I have the Monsters since 3 years and they work perfectly and my rig is very heavy .

Attachments

• 34C0A777-4F2A-46CD-84FC-774E5CE33B3B.jpeg
    34C0A777-4F2A-46CD-84FC-774E5CE33B3B.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
i'm looking at scorpion s, i just found this site in europe https://eu.sim-motion.com/produkt/scorpion-s-super-4-actuators/?lang=en , to order from the site pt actuator it is about 1000€ cheaper but I don't know how the customs fees are and to what extent it compensates.
RS MEGA+ would be a good cheaper option or is it far behind the pt actuator? I also don't see resellers in Europe.
I am in Portugal
I'm using the RS MEGA+. Amazing performance and excellent customer service. Contact them directly about customs fees.

AFAIK, the RS MEGA+ and Scorpion S use the exact same servo motor and driver. The specs of the two systems are essentially identical.

Upvote 0
I'm using the RS MEGA+. Amazing performance and excellent customer service. Contact them directly about customs fees.

AFAIK, the RS MEGA+ and Scorpion S use the exact same servo motor and driver. The specs of the two systems are essentially identical.
Have you been using it for a long time? in terms of noise how and?

Upvote 0
I'm been using it for about a year, almost on daily basis! I had some EMI issue before, and that was fixed after installing a little EMI filter.

Someone made this great video to show how quiet the RS MEGA+ is.

Upvote 0
I'm been using it for about a year, almost on daily basis! I had some EMI issue before, and that was fixed after installing a little EMI filter.

Someone made this great video to show how quiet the RS MEGA+ is.
well, I'll talk to them, now that you mentioned EMI problems, can you get me a tutorial or advice on what to do if I have these problems, just in case

Upvote 0
I already saved it if I need it in the future, one thing I noticed in the RS MEGA+ does not come with an arduino included? do i have to buy the part or if i ask can they include it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0
Why not stick with a less diy option, like Qubic , SI, or dbox gen5?

"Less DIY" is a key phrase.... :rolleyes:

And talking about categories, PT-Actuator is not DIY, or even commercial grade, its actually industrial quality grade, allowing 100% duty cycle. I know people using their actuators for 5 years now without even need for lubrication maintenance.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 178 25.3%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 123 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware