Prevent feet slipping on pedal plate?

I just upgraded to Heusinkveld Ultimate+ and I feel like my feet are slipping all over my pedal plate. I have an Advanced Sim Racing ASR6 cockpit with their standard, painted pedal plate. I'm wearing shoes, Puma Redon or Puma R-cats.

Is this a common issue? Should I be exploring rubber matting or something similar for my pedal plate? Or is this perhaps an indicator of poor pedal ergonomics or poor technique on my part?

Why does it disturb you?

Are your feet slipping on the pedal faces resulting in inconsistent inputs?

I ask because for me the pedal plate acts as a heel rest, with braking and WOT my heel does leave the plate completely.

MFG Carsten

Grip tape from skateboards might help?!
I have structured alloy as heel plate. Don't know now exactly but assume that my heel also "leaves ground"

Last edited:
Grip tape from skateboards might help?!
I have structured alloy as heel plate. Don't know now exactly but assume that my heel also "leaves ground"
I tried that on my brake pedal face and it stopped slipping very efficiently.
But it also "ate up" the soles of my shoes.
I think on a heel plate this would destroy the shoes rather quickly.

The better idea to improve grip would be some carpet or rubber matting which could be had cheaply in the home improvement store.

Still, I´m not convinced that slipping heels actually is a problem.
Let´s hear what the Op thinks about it.

MFG Carsten

Thanks for your thoughts. I think the main issue is I'm still adapting to these new pedals and I'm used to my old ones. I previously had Logi G29s, which are of course quite small, especially under my US 13/EU 46 shoes. I wonder if I just need a bit of time to adjust to not resting my foot on the heel plate when engaging the pedal. That feels like it goes hand in hand with learning to press with my whole leg to brake rather than just my ankle for braking.

I ended up lowering the pedal faces to the bottom slot, since i don't have a dedicate heel plate (just the big pedal plate). I also again modified the angle of the pedals. I find the Ultimate+ to be surprisingly vertical. My seating position is currently more sports car to GT3, definitely not Formula position. So I had to tilt my pedal plate way back just to get the Ultimate+ pointing up toward me slightly.

Last, I purchased some grip tape, but it hasn't arrived yet. It is supposed to be pretty low key stuff—reviewers said it was comfy on bare feet. So, this isn't skate board grip tape. We'll see how it goes.

I too have the Heusinkveld Ultimate+ and have found that angling the pedal plate away from me to help much in keeping my feet on the plate in a natural way. My seating position is not the best, but I've got it working for now, with improvements to come. Since I have changed the angles, I haven't felt the need for any additional grip on the pedals. I do use shoes when I drive though. I think you are on the right track.

I love my ultimates but they really are more suited I think to a gt3->formula position to get the most out of them.

I have never seen how far back they can tilt but I also would not go for high brake forces given the position you have talked about. I have heard of a few people get sore knees trying to press hard on brakes in a high position that doesnt greatly support those pressures going through the leg.

Latest News

Back