F1 2018 Pit Lane Issues / Late Release

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
So has anyone else had this issues?

I'm doing 25% race length, so there's not a massive deviation in every teams pit strategy. Most teams try and pit some time between the 3rd-6th lap. Because of this the pit lane is always very busy. The last 2 races I've had have been completely ballsed up where I have entered the pit lane at the front of a big crowed, fresh wheels on, but I end up sitting there for 15 seconds waiting for the cars behind me to come through! and by the time they do the cars who have finished pitting behind me all release and I have to wait for them as well! End result is always the same, me (who was towards the top 1/4 of the field) coming out 7/8 places down!

Am I missing something? The only thing I seem to be able to do to fix it is just to pit really late after everyone else has pitted. This in itself isn't so bad, but I'd rather be able to have a more flexible strategy. Where I can't help it is if it starts/stops raining and everyone comes into the pit at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I think this was an Issue with a few teams in 2017 as well. Renault was one for sure because that's the team i used in career and got caught a couple times in the pit waiting for others to go through. It wasn't so bad for me though because i play at 100% race distance.

For you, at 25%, i would suggest trying to race a different strategy than most of the AI. For example if they are starting on super Soft tyres you could try to qualify on Softs instead. This could allow you to go longer at the start and end up with less cars pitting at the same time as you.
Also, you could try to build a larger gap to the AI by using high fuel mix and ERS deployment for a couple laps before you come in.

One thing that will help for sure would be increasing the race distance. That would reduce the chances of pitting at the same time as the AI.

Latest News

Back