Pedals broke in half

Hey, so I have had a cheap steering wheel for about a week, specifically the Genesis Seaborg 400. I bought it cause im broke and i wanted 900 degrees of rotation. Slight problem, the stupid pedals broke on me in the first week. Thing is, this is my third set of pedals now, and all 3 of them had the same issues, the pedals broke. I'm as frustrated as i can be, because i don't want to buy another one again. Thing is, no matter what i try to glue it together with, it creates another crack somewhere on the pedal. Its the same cycle of super-gluing it together, driving for about 30 minutes, and then taking the entire housing apart to glue the pedals together once more. It's getting on my nerves and i just want a proper fix to this issue, something permanent. (fyi no, i don't press the pedals so hard that they crack under me, I'm just simply using them as intended. Ironically, the thing broke on me while i was light on the throttle.) IDK if its the springs inside that create too much force on the plastic pedals, or something else. i just want something to hold the pedals together.

Could you post a picture so we can make some suggestions how to fix this??
Sure, I took some real quick:
20220630_020147.jpg
20220630_020152.jpg

I'll have to use some acetone to dissolve the super-glue, and after that i could possibly use epoxy, or something similar. Issue is that it broke at a spot where the tension is high.

Edit: I'll have to also figure out a way to get the potentiometer out of the pedal piece, since i accidentally got some super glue on it :/

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

I think it's time to purchase a new set of pedals.

[edit]: but don't get the same kind

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Back