F1 2018 PC - Logitech Driving Force GT Fix

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
In the PC version Codemaster made a mistake in the XML file of the Driving Force GT wheel.
I have also a TMX and my DFGT needed some surgery today to fix the shifter buttons, and so I got to test it today with the game. I plugged it in and it complained about non supported wheel, also the playstation buttons didn't show up in the menu.

I digged a bit in the the action map XML files and found a mistake in the DFGT file.
Replace it with the attached XML to fix the problems.
The file should be put in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\actionmaps
Backing up the existing file is not a bad idea.
The fix is in line 7 and 388, for those who are interested, I just looked at how the G29 was formatted and saw it was done differently there. I changed it, tested it and it works like a charm after the fix.

IMPORTANT: Rename the file to *.xml instead of *.ini
xml are not allowed to be uploaded here, so I changed it.
You can also just change two 't' characters into 'T' characters, see next post.

Kind regards,
Clemens

Attachments

• logitech_DrivingForceGT.ini
    21.6 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
I looked a bit and it seems more files are differently formatted then the G29.
The G29 is formatted like this:
<Tooltips>
</Tooltips>
and this I used now for the DFGT in the edited file.

But also other wheels have more inside, e.g. the T150
<Tooltips device="thrustmaster_t150" typeid="{B677044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}">
</Tooltips>

When looking at the original DFGT file it was:
<tooltips device="logitech_DrivingForceGT" typeid="{C29A046D-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}">
</tooltips>

So it could be that just changing the capital T of tooltips is enough, but as said simply
<Tooltips>
</Tooltips>
Works also fine.

Will test it now if it was the bunch of crap or just the T of tooltips which caused the problem...

EDIT it was just the small t in stead of the capital T that caused the problem, so just change this is enough. I will adapt the file, as changing less is maybe better don't know for what the other stuff is needed...

I will also check all other files for similar mistakes and report if other wheels are affected beside the DFGT.

(potentially) affected wheels:

thrustmaster_TX_Ferrari (tooltip section commented out, removing <!-- ... --> should do the trick
fanatec_CSR (same as DFGT, tooltip instead of Tooltip)
thrustmaster_t100_f430 (tooltip section commented out, removing <!-- ... --> should do the trick

Many other wheels have missing tooltips sections (which I guess also lead into wrong menu buttons), probably you could try to fix that as well with the tooltip section of a similar wheel, eventually with some mapping changes.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back