Cars Parts of my tire are missing when opening in ksEditor only on the passenger side

This is my first time doing anything with modifying a car model and I am trying to replace the wheels on an rx7 when I look at them on 3ds max everything looks good the wheel and tires look exactly the same on both sides but when I open the model in KsEditor the driver's side wheels look perfect but then when looking at the passenger side of the car the outer sidewall of the tire is missing and the texture on the wheel is incorrect. From what I have looked at I have not found anything I did differently between the driver and passenger side any help would be greatly appreciated
2.JPG
1.JPG

Check if the Scale of the rim is -1 (minus 1).
This may happen if you mirror a part. Needs to be 1. Currently the Normals are inverted.

Last edited:
I looked up some videos on inverted normals and from what I see nothing looks inverted on 3ds max even when I render everything looks normal but then when I import it into KsEditor it looks inverted

Yes, that's what happens if your object has a -1 scale due to being mirrored. It'll look correct in 3ds max and wrong in kseditor.

Last edited:
Easiest is to apply the scale. Reset XForm or something, in 3dsmax?
But since you have textures on your rim, best way is to set the scale back to 1 and rotate it around. Then, if needed, apply that rotation. But I don't think that matters, as AC would use the dummy's orientation and not the mesh's.

Latest News

Back