Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Initial practice times are in the same ballpark as the MX-5 we raced today, but a far-far different animal, this. Reminds me a bit of a cross between the Lotus and a kart, in that the accellerator can be your friend (i.e. don't lift, or at least don't lift much) and not very trailbrake friendly (get it done straight) but it seems to handle 4 wheel power-slides ok (particularly in T2) so long as you hold the wheel steady. I raced this car only once before at Charlotte about 6-8 months ago, so this one is 'new' to me.

RDiRF1SPAflyercopy-Copy.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F1
Class: Willaims-Toyota FW31
Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Quali: 2 hotlaps, lone qualifier
Race: 44 laps
Fast Tows: Unlimited

Practice start time: 17:30 GMT / 1:30pm EST / 10:30am PST
Qualification start time: 18:30 GMT / 2:30pm EST / 11:30am PST
***Please be in the hosted server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]249[/signuplist]

Looks like this going to be good event. One of my fav car on one of my fav tracks. Just started putting in laps today and was able to hit a 1:47.9, opt is down to a 1:47.2 so I still have a little more speed to find. I'm using my Charlotte setup right now but by looking at the tire temps I need to do a little tweaking. Hopefully I will be able to dail it in later tonight, if so I will post my setup for anyone who wants it. At 45 mins this is going to be a long race for this car, wonder if the gas will make it with out a pit stop. Come on people put your name on the list!!

Had a good session tonight with Eric and Larry, always fun to run with you guys. Was able to get my time down to a 1:47.3 and opt to a 1:46.9 with my modified charlotte setup. But Eric came along and fine tuned it for me and it feels good. Didn't get to put in many laps with it but I'm hoping to break into the 46's with it but most of all be able to run the 45 mins with it. I'll post my original but maybe you guys can sweet talk Eric into posting his version.

Attachments

• Okayama-full.sto
    708 bytes · Views: 189
Couldn't break into the 1:50's in the session with William and Eric tonight. Irritated me. Like this car, but it's like I have to remember how to drive it every session. Finally got a couple of 1:50's with William's setup about 10 p.m. Optimal dipped to 1:49:753.

This should be a fun race.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back