Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

It was my first iRac race and it went very nicely. I gave you guys a little handicap as yesterday I did Bahrain 500k endurance race with GTP Corvette (I was 3rd and did 90 laps and it took about 3 hours), really recommend you to try out endurance it's like a heaven and hell. So that's the biggest reason why my speed wasn't best possible today but good enough :)

Don't know what happened with my Qualy but i did 2 very slow laps, the first was not so good lap but second was a normal clean lap and the result was 1 second slower than my practice laps??? So my grid position was a far away from the top 5. Then I took a very bad start and i was so lucky because of that slow start i was able to see that big accident early enough and i didn't hit anyone!

The race went like i planned so it was almost perfect and a little bit boring...i did only 1 spun which didn't cost me anything thank god. Did 3 stops without any problems. I had a few nice battles and the last one with Marko Buhin was the best of all, you know why don't you Marko...it was so close but... :D

Thanks to all see you!

Cheers!

well, my 1st stint was just awful. sorry to Kevin and Joe as i've been very slow (which was actually strange as me and teo did about same laps on practice with race fuel). i felt insecure, braking too early for some corners, then when i noticed it, releasing the brake and still went to fast into the corner. till a crash in about half of the 1st stint as was trying to reach the phone that was ringing ... since then a very long stint till about last 10 laps. last stint was just pushing as best as i could, had 22.5 couple of times but both times overdid it in last sectors. so more than few spins and perhaps missed 4th (Kimmo ofc) due to that. after all, great event (my 1st iR on RD) and hope to make more like this

cheers

Sounds like there was some good racing today. Apologies that I had to miss out on this one at the last minute guys.

Will - hope everything's OK with your Grandmother.

Thanks. She started Dialysis treatment recently and this morning all of a sudden felt really weak and her BP would not even register. Paramedics had to come to check her out and bring her to the hospital. But all is well and she's feeling better now.

Great race. One spin only for me, unfortnately right in front of Max and we collided and I lost a tyre on the back. 2 more spins on the way back to the pit but then back out chasing Max.
One fuel stop finished 6th 2 laps down.
Most excellent. One mistake in 58 laps. Thats a record for me!
Yahoo.
When are we going to Spa then?
Thanks all
George

RDiR_Mustang_Challenge_Sebring.jpg
Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDiR Mustang Challenge
Car: Ford Mustang FR500S
Track: Sebring International (Night Race)
Qualification: Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race Length: 22 Laps
Start Type: Standing Start
Fast Tows: 1
Full Course Cautions: Off

Practice start time: 17:30 GMT (BST +1)/ 2:30pm EST / 11:30am PST
Registration End / Qualification start time: 19:30 GMT (BST +1) / 3:30 pm EST / 12:30 pm PST
***Please be in the server before this time***

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Will Marquez
2. Abdul Ahmed
3. Oscar Sahlin
4. Eric Estes
5. George Pilkington

these cars are very fun! :D me and onno had a nice 1st place battle initially, until pitstop when onno got penalty I think. daz went for a no pitstop strategy, I hunted him down 1 lap (~16 sec) but time limit put a stop, and we finished 1.5 sec from each other, daz ahead. congrats to daz very daring strategy move and I can't imagine how loose and understeering that car must've been at the end! :D more legends ford in the future! both oval and road course!

Dang,dang,dang, I went in for some new shoes and the true w the rule book at me got a time penalty,before that really nice battle with oscar (thanks m8) running 1 en 2 after that running last,gave it all but to no avail.
(next time I take a clock with me so I can check the time,I thought the race was far from over :facepalm:)
Anyway thanks guys and of course Ramon for hosting.

Shame we didn't get more for that. Rookie compatible car/track combo so unless guys were either busy with other things or they have no love for Legends/Lanier there was no reason not to boost the grid, lol.

The 4 us had a blast and ran all 160+ laps incident free, lol.

My strategy was a last minute decision, as I intended stopping but couldn't quite match the pace of Oscar and Onno so their pitting gave me a lap and a bit advantage so I decided to make a run for it. Oscar un-lapped himself and then set about eating in to my lap advantage. Slowly it began coming down and every time I glanced at my F3 box, he had cut a tenth or two off me.

Problem now was trying to fathom how many of the 45 minutes had elapsed. I dared not fumble about for F1 as I'd have ended up eating the wall, so I just kept my eyes glued to the screen and kept plugging away, with my banana skin tyres, lol as Oscar got closer and closer and then just as he got the gap to under 2 seconds I crossed the line and was given the white flag, so one more steady lap and I made it with 1.5 seconds to spare.

Great effort Oscar, and also Onno and Dario for making the race.

I too hope we can some more of these. They sure are fun, especially when run over race distances like we had tonight.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back