Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Unbelievable event. Well done to Michael for the win and 2nd place man Dario followed by Will.

Was leading the pack until lap 19 when a car ahead lost it on the only left hander. I tried to avoid him next corner but went wide and lost the rear. Pitted for tyres but my calculations with fuel was off by 5 laps, 5!!!!. Had to pit again with 5 laps to finish. Great event. Thanks guys.

my engine started blowing so I pulled into the pits, got repaired, then watched in horror as it spent ages putting in enough fuel for 130 laps!! Went in a lap later to try and figure out if I could empty any, but no luck.

:facepalm: lol, too funny.

Great race guys, thanks again to RD and staff for putting this together. I had great battles up and down the track, started in 11th and finished 4th. I realized on about lap 20 that I was going to be just a few laps short of race distance. Hit the pits on lap 30 for new tires and 1.1 gals of fuel. Fun stuff guys.

My vote is for the spec racer, another great car.

It was great event to finish this week. First time really racing in this game. Used practice session to setting things up with the game and learning the stuff with fuel and so on. I didn't pit in the race but is it useful to start with less fuel and go for a new tires and more fuel in pits? Is it always changing the tyres in pits or is somewhere option for it? I didn't see any possibility to choose between tyre compounds but maybe it is so with Mazda?

Anyway 5th place in the end after racing and spinning. Nice way to start with this game. Thanks Ramon and RD.

Hannu, it depends on the track/car. With MX-5 safe bet is to start with fuel to finish the race and if needed to just pit for tyres. But if you take FW31 then strategy for both Fuel n Tyres to be consistent. If you start with heavy fuel load it will really hamper your progress and eat those tyres. MX-5 is manageable.

Ah Balls!

Sorry, I completly confused myself with timezones. A rookie mistake. I am really sorry I didn't try harder to make this (at the right time), it sounds like I missed a good evening of racing. Would really like to try again sometime, everyone sounds friendly and thanks to those who've replied to my post.

Love my MX5 racing, so hope to see that car pop up again as I am just rediscovering iRacing.

Cheers all.

Good race guys, I hope I was not too agressive during the race... if I was, sorry.
Fuel... I have finished races with loads of laps of fuel on... get to the black box (Fx buttons) and uncheck the tick with the space bar. This stops fuel being put in at the next pit stop. (If its going in and you dont want it, hit the space bar I think to stop.)
You can adjust the amount of fuel with the arrow keys too.
Hope this helps, took me a few races to figure it out.... cost me the odd (coz there have only been a few) podium here and there....lol

Anyway, thanks RD for last nights thrash and Ramon for hosting.
How about the odd 'follow the leader' session in the week up to the fri day thrash on the track with the car so all are hooked up then?

Cheers
George

For sharing skins, I just created a list on Tradingpaints.com, called "RD F1 races"
I gave everyone that registered for tomorrow's race who I found on TradingPaints.com permission to change the list.
That means everyone can upload their skin there and everyone else can find it easier ;)

I couldn't find an F1 skin template. The template file file I downloaded from iRacing had every car except the F1. Am I being stupid? (not unlikely)

BTW I just did a 1.22.804 with several mistakes. Pretty surprised

If several people are interested, I'd be happy to put up a practice server.

For sharing skins, I just created a list on Tradingpaints.com, called "RD F1 races"
I gave everyone that registered for tomorrow's race who I found on TradingPaints.com permission to change the list.
That means everyone can upload their skin there and everyone else can find it easier ;)

do i have to access it somehow to upload my sking there, or is it already uploaded (me and Teo using WEST McLaren MErcedes skins with our names in it ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back