Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

I ain't raced the Legends for an age, but when my schedule allows I'll likely race anything and anywhere as far as RD is concerned.

I've said it in another thread before, but I only wished I'd found RD sooner than I did (when I used to race GT Legends, GTR2 and rFactor) but at least I'v been here from the birth of the RD iRacing Club.

Pedal to the metal.

:cool:

Me rookie renewed my subscription earlier this week and tried this car and track combo today. Liked it and now noticed here is this event. I have only some laps under my belt in this game and don't know how things are working but I want to try. We'll see the result later. :)

-turn on spotter, he will tell you "5 laps of fuel remaining" or similar
-check during race with "F4" button how much fuel you have left and calculate how much you need more (if any)
-think there is no speed limiter in MX5, not sure

go in practice session and try it b4 the race, gl

Come and join in Kevin! These Club Events are all for fun. Plus it'll give you some good track time with other RD drivers. Like Dario posted it'll be under the Hosted tab on the iRacing main page. Select Join Race and look for the RaceDepartment.com server, which will be up in about 15 mins. :)

Hi again,

I've withdrawn from this event I am sorry to say, I cannot seem to find where I am suppost to join, and from my driving in practice I need more time with iRacing, hopefully next time :). Sorry for the late notice.

Kev,

When you say you can't see where to join, do you mean here on the forum to show your interest in taking part, or actually in the iRacing service itself?

Here on the forums, go to the first post of the thread and there are the details of the event and under that the sign in/sign out buttons, where you register/withdraw for the event.

Within the iRacing Service, log in and then highlight the menu header called 'Hosted' and then choose the Join Race option. You will now see a list of all the current hosted sessions. Look for the RaceDepartment.com session that is running that particular evening and then click the green steering wheel to join. Sometimes you may be asked to enter the RD password (which can usually be found easily here on the forums or from a link within the particular race event thread).

Hope this helps some.

:cool:

Ok, here I am, getting ready to join Ramon's hosted session, and I thought I did. This selecting from my browser is a bit confusing for me, and I selected session, clicking here and there and suddenly find myself in a race-session. So I did race, thinking I was on the RD-server.....for 20 laps ..I got 4th, which isn't bad, then I looked at the names ..:confused: .. no familiar names haha...

Seeing the results at the end of the session, I noticed I joined an NVidia Cup Lime Rock Park 2011 Season 2C...and my 1st ever race ended 4th...in fact I'v only practiced a couple of round in iRacing,...ever ..lol

So thnks for the race-I-didn't-attend guys, hope my clicking will find it's way to a RaceDepartment server soon in the near future ...lol
I'm such a noob:rolleyes:

At least my rookie rating from 2.50 went up to 2.60 in a single night, which isn't bad , is it ???

P.S. come to think of it, I didn't get a password screen, when I joined, so that should have started to make me wonder...

First off, apologies to Onno. Had the draft out of the final turn and in trying to overtake (didn't realize it at the time) but ended up clipping him. Sorry about that again.

As for the race, WOWOWOWOW!! I am absolutely sweating after this one. Totally miscalculated fuel at the start. But like Willaim said for our RD MX5 League event I remember tires started to drop off after 25-30 laps. So had to pit for fuel and tires, hoping that fresh tires would be able to catch Dario at the end. And darn near pulled it off. Good consistent driving up there Dario :).

I think an Open Server Event on Fridays could work out really well with Rookie content. Forgot to flash "www.racedepartment.com" before the event. But made sure our advertisements were up after the race :).

Possible car/track combos for next one.... Spec Racer at Summit Point Raceway?

Thanks to Ramon and RD for hosting, enjoyed this one today :)

Great driving guys...I had 3 really close calls in that race, twice at the beginning looked like two guys took each other out, near missed the first and near missed the second. Overall, I had a great time for my first organized race.

I need to learn about fuel in iRacing. Was running ok in 7th then scraped the wall between the last two turns, my engine started blowing so I pulled into the pits, got repaired, then watched in horror as it spent ages putting in enough fuel for 130 laps!! Went in a lap later to try and figure out if I could empty any, but no luck.

Anyway, this event was my first in a hosted session, and just went to prove that iRacing need to look at the SR system if at all possible. This was fun. I didn't mind if I pushed hard and got a wheel on the grass. I made two overtakes in places that I've never dared to before, with no contact or problem - I just would have been too scared in an iRacing race. This was so much more enjoyable.

So thanks to RD for arranging this, and thanks to all who drove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back