Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Talk about an Oval n00b.

Pitting with 2 mins to go for fresh boots only to hand the lead to Alan. Race finished under caution. HAHA. Never again this mistake. Great fun. Thanks Ramon for the host and RD for letting us sim addicts have a platform.

Yes, that was a blast. Thanks for letting join you, unprepared as I was. I think only Ramon had more incidents than I did. I'm going to blame it on the setup! :) Hope I didn't slow things down too much. Twice I hit the tow button quickly so no yellow came out.

Nice racing door to door with you there for a bit, Onno. And what a blast to draft! Never have done that before. Tucked myself up under David for a while, and I can't even remember who else.

Luckily, I think a rookie oval season doesn't cost any extra tracks!

Talk about an Oval n00b.

Pitting with 2 mins to go for fresh boots only to hand the lead to Alan. Race finished under caution. HAHA. Never again this mistake. Great fun. Thanks Ramon for the host and RD for letting us sim addicts have a platform.

heheh I did same mistake :p I watched F1-tab as I went out from pits, and hit myself in the head *smack*

-edit-

and nobody posted it yet, so here is results
http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=3714989&custid=64946

I had great fun also with my crashes, incidents and other stuff :)

Uh, n00b question, what is the tow button? Is it Shift+R? Can that be pressed before the car is stopped?

The setup in this track was a bit too difficult for me... At some point a tiny bit too early on the throttle and I spun.
For me it is all the learning experience :) Sorry if I caused trouble on track.

I had great fun also with my crashes, incidents and other stuff :)

Uh, n00b question, what is the tow button? Is it Shift+R? Can that be pressed before the car is stopped?

The setup in this track was a bit too difficult for me... At some point a tiny bit too early on the throttle and I spun.
For me it is all the learning experience :) Sorry if I caused trouble on track.

I think when your car is so damaged you can't drive to pitlane, simply holding esc will put you in pits and you have to wait until car is towed. there will be a timer on "race" button I think.

OMG the thrill of victory is just soooooo sweet!! I registered my first pole position and coasted to my first RD iRacing victory tonight in the Nationwide @ Charlotte. The feeling is just incredible. While others may disagree, I believe the fact that no one else showed up for the US event should in no way diminish the significance of this landmark accomplishment. :D

Signed in. Although I only got iRacing yesterday (the pay one, get three deal) and I haven't driven yet... so go easy on me guys! What car is best for a beginner in iRacing like me? The Roadster or the Cup?

Oh, and what is "Fast Tows: Unlimited"?

I also tried it last year for one month with the Radical Promotion, but didn't have time for it so didn't drive much then as well. But at least I got the Radical and Silverstone so that was nice lol!

Fast tows are like a "car reset". By taking a tow iRacing simulates that your car will be towed to your box by a truck and then get there fully repaired. Costs, depending on the track, about one lap of time. Unlimited meens, that you can take as many tows as you want ( or need ) during the race.

There some little diefferences between the two MX-5, like the gearbox and the suspension. Depending on the track they are nearly at the same speed. Biggest difference is the position of the steering wheel ( one car is it on the left side, the other car has it on the right side ).

LOOOL,

Btw, is it then normal after esc or shift-r that it will take 4,5 mins waiting time before you can continue? And indeed if you forget to uncheck fuel/tires, it will make a pitstop before you can drive.
The other night every tow was about 3 laps behind while the rest was coasting behind the safety car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back