New rig flex normal?

Just got a 6s-slim in and the main 40x40 frame flexes up with almost any force put on my Heusinkveld Sprint pedals. Is this normal? I've heard from many people that it should no flex at all.

The only solution I see here is to replace the side beams with at least 40x80, if you max out the Sprints 40x120. Then the brake flex should be limited to the pedal deck which could probably be mitigated by bolting the pedals through the deck into 40x40.

The connection to the uprights could be reinforced by using longer brackets and or sidemount plates:

On second thought, how are consumer protection laws in your area, this looks like false advertising to me.

Good Luck Carsten

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1066209

Instead of replacing, add side rails beneath, tying together with plates in 3 places
That's my first thought too, but those plates are quite expensive. It might actually be cheaper to replace the side rails.

Upvote 0
Some of us would improvise plates e.g. using 6mm (1/4-inch) plywood.
Always a possibilty, but plywood seems to have too much "give" in connection with profile.

One could always "ghetto rig" some aluminium or steel plates, but without workshop use for free it wouldn'd save much money.

Also I've "grown out of" the steampunk appeal.

My second DIY Rig is a cross of P1X and Simrig GT, it won't get any more rigid than that.

I stand by my suggestion, replace the offending base profiles for a clean look or return the Rig if possible

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I bought the reinforcement plates for then I even asked them about it and they said we'll if you're using loadcell pedals there will he flex but didn't get a reply when I mentioned that they list "DD and Loadcell with minimal flex". And they refuse to let me purchase 40x80 from them. Unfortunately the only way to get 40x80 or bigger will cost almost a 3rd of the rigs price in general.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Back