What are your two favorite types of racing?

• F1 Racing

• Lemans

• Indycar

• NASCAR

• Road cars (such as mass production cars like the 3000GT)

• Drifting

• Point to Point Rally

• Rallycar (any terrain)

• Motorcycle

• Short Track like Tour Modified cars

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello, i started playing assetto corsa in Jan 2023 and i have a list of questions and things i notice now about my return to the game after close to 6 months away from it. Please watch provided videos to clearly fully understand my issues. I only play in vr mode.

Equipment list:
vr meta quest 2 headset
custom couch i built out of my car's rear bucket seats (3000gt) and racing desk i custom built for my height and size of such couch
hori mariokart nintendo switch racing wheel and pedals
cyperpunk pc gaming desktop computer now, moved off of gaming laptop lenovo legion

1. Things i am aware of: i took a 6 month break, have a right knee injury i got back in nov 2023 that may never fully heal, my racing wheel is not a force feedback wheel, i do not change any setups to mods of cars i download for tracks...
2. Why is the AI on lowest settings, they can handle turns way faster than me?
3. How do i change the car setups to have looser steering, due to maxing out turning and and still unable to make proper turns at the speed AI is making them?
4. Does my lack of a force feedback wheel cause more difficulty in playing the game? Should I upgrade my equipment?
5. How do i change setups for a looser steering, and able to match AI speed thru turns? I know how to hit the corners but try to adjust for the tighter steering while keeping max speed.
6. I have proven i got the real life go karting skills to be top ten in city at local places, why does this skill not transfer into simracing? I know i took some time away but still seems AI settings are much stronger on a new computer.
7. Do you think i am leaning too much to the left mostly? Partly due to knee injury i am self guessing. I do it with a lot of things now.
8. What things do see happening and how can i fix them to get better? Pardon the mega epic wreck at end of 1st video session. Yes i see the steering wheel "glitching" happening in game, maybe due to lack of proper wheel...
9. How do I assign DRS to cars like the F1 car, and do i require a better steering wheel to be able to assign DRS? The AI has an advantage with this feature when I do not.
If I cannot beat the AI, how can i beat real life people?

PLEASE don't forget to check out my car skin mods and SPECIAL THANKS to anyone taking the time to help with these issues to improve my gameplay!!!

Unlisted video 1:
Unlisted video 2:

Last edited:
I think the main issue here is the wheel. It has a quite a bit of deadzone which makes it difficult for you to keep the car straight, go through fast turns smoothly and makes it harder to time your turn in. See if you can turn it off in the AC control settings. If there is no option for that, than see if there is some kind of software for your wheel where you can turn it off (I doubt it since it's made for Switch). If you can't do that, there is a tutorial on how to do that using 3rd party programs: https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/vuxxrq/tutorial_how_to_adjust_the_dead_zone_of_steering/

Also only 180 deg of steering makes your steering too fast and twitchy. You might try to increase steering gamma and/or speed sensitivity to help you turn smoothly.

But if you can afford it i'd recommend getting a proper simracing wheel.

Driving wise, you're dealing with understeer wrong. If you're going too fast and are washing wide you need to reduce speed by lifting off the throttle. Cranking the steering even more will only make the understeer worse, and can even give you oversteer when your tires regain grip and you pick up the throttle again.

I thank you immesly for all the help. I will do some research into a good simracing wheel, and i think i got used to using a cheap wheel before i took a hiatus for 6 months and will look for a goof Force feedback wheel to help with my gameplay. i find myself trying to adjust in the middle of the turn since i cant feel it thru the wheel. i will look to fix my understeering problem thanks again!!! i welcome others to offer any advice as well!

Latest News

Back