My review of Qubic PS 220PL

Ok,
as i sold my NLR seat mover and traction platform, i was looking for a 4 actuator set.

After a long research, i narrowed it down to Sigma Integrale and the Qubic System. I went with the Qubic because: 1) The most important reason, they have a distributor here in Italy whom offered me plenty of assistance etc., and 2) The software is already very well developed and with VR compensation, and i only use VR.
I mention the Sigma as, while i've never tried it, they have been outstanding in pre-sales, and i really wish i could try them out. But i'm in a different continent, and had to make a choice.

So, on to the Qubic, which i've owned for a month now.

1) I was immediately overwhelmed by the insane speed and power. I mean, that thing is capable of literally throwing me out of my seat without the seat belts. I'm talking about a 200kg rig + 80kg rider. It's insane, i would never have imagined the power could be so violent and quick. I obviously had to immediately tune down the presets.

2) It's crisp, it's quick, it's precise, it's incredibly immersive in VR.

3) Their software and support is exceptional. On their discord i started discussing with them of a feature that was not there and that i thought it would be cool to have (effect for front wheels lock in iracing, which does not send per wheel telemetry and thus needs to be calculated). Within 2 weeks tonight i'm trying a beta of the new software with the feature implemented.

4) Reading on the Discord, probably the software is well tuned for racing, a bit less for flying. I can't tell, i tested it and had plenty of fun, but have no experience on that.

All in all, it's obviously a very expensive actuator option, but i really feel the money was -relatively- well spent.

Last edited:
Hi

I was very happy to see this review. I ordered 2 days ago. I hope I will be satisfied. I was undecided between D Box Gen 5 and D Box Gen 5. But everything he can do, Qubic System QS-220-PL also does. It also seems quite quiet. Are you still satisfied with it?

Hi

I was very happy to see this review. I ordered 2 days ago. I hope I will be satisfied. I was undecided between D Box Gen 5 and D Box Gen 5. But everything he can do, Qubic System QS-220-PL also does. It also seems quite quiet. Are you still satisfied with it?
Absolutely as happy as possible....i have no issues with the noise, but i'm in VR with Headphones. And they have what is probably the best VR motion compensation system in the market.
The power of the actuators is immense, my default settings are like -30% of any given profile. Support is also great in their Discord channel, and software is very developed.

As a suggestion, don't mount the actuators at the very corners of the rig. Back actuators should definitely be at the bottom end, but the front ones, try to keep them as close as possible to the back.

Absolutely as happy as possible....i have no issues with the noise, but i'm in VR with Headphones. And they have what is probably the best VR motion compensation system in the market.
The power of the actuators is immense, my default settings are like -30% of any given profile. Support is also great in their Discord channel, and software is very developed.

As a suggestion, don't mount the actuators at the very corners of the rig. Back actuators should definitely be at the bottom end, but the front ones, try to keep them as close as possible to the back.
I am not a VR owner, but I don't think I will be affected by too much noise because I use headphones during the race. The reason is that my wife doesn't want too much noise at home. Other than that, I'm glad you're happy. 2. I didn't quite understand what you wanted to say. Can you show me with an example. Finally, are you satisfied in case of vibration? I also own 4 buttkicker gamer pro. Should I dismantle them.

I am not a VR owner, but I don't think I will be affected by too much noise because I use headphones during the race. The reason is that my wife doesn't want too much noise at home. Other than that, I'm glad you're happy. 2. I didn't quite understand what you wanted to say. Can you show me with an example. Finally, are you satisfied in case of vibration? I also own 4 buttkicker gamer pro. Should I dismantle them.

Mounting wise, i meant that you should try to achieve as much as a "square" as possible, with the back actuators being mounted as close to the back of the rig as possible, and the front one as close to them as possible, which is not in the typical "corner" setup that you see in the images. The seating position center of gravity should ideally be in the middle of the square.

I am satisfied with the vibrations, i did have one buttkicker that i've removed, but i'd guess if i had four i would probably be keeping them.
This said, i would imagine you will feel a clear "distinction" between buttkickers and the actuators, which will sound a bit "fake" i believe.

Mounting wise, i meant that you should try to achieve as much as a "square" as possible, with the back actuators being mounted as close to the back of the rig as possible, and the front one as close to them as possible, which is not in the typical "corner" setup that you see in the images. The seating position center of gravity should ideally be in the middle of the square.

I am satisfied with the vibrations, i did have one buttkicker that i've removed, but i'd guess if i had four i would probably be keeping them.
This said, i would imagine you will feel a clear "distinction" between buttkickers and the actuators, which will sound a bit "fake" i believe.
I now understand better what you mean. Thank you for this detailed tip. The other thing I wanted to ask you is, what do you think of Surge and YAW. What do you think of the new QS-CH2.

Last edited:
I now understand better what you mean. Thank you for this detailed tip. The other thing I wanted to ask you is, what do you think of Surge and YAW. What do you think of the new QS-CH2.

Hi, yep they did tell me they were about to launch that.
Apart from the enormous price...i can't comment but just guess:
At the moment i feel no need for a traction loss system, i would definitely want to try it first (price aside...). I'm not clear how that happens, but the 4 actuators give me perfectly accurate cues when i loose my rear.
Never tried a platform with the forward-rear movement so have no clue how that feels.

To sum it up, if money was no object i would obviously buy it as i have a lot of trust in the actuators system and their software....but for me it's not now even remotely into consideration to ever spend -again- that amount of money for added motion.

Hi, yep they did tell me they were about to launch that.
Apart from the enormous price...i can't comment but just guess:
At the moment i feel no need for a traction loss system, i would definitely want to try it first (price aside...). I'm not clear how that happens, but the 4 actuators give me perfectly accurate cues when i loose my rear.
Never tried a platform with the forward-rear movement so have no clue how that feels.

To sum it up, if money was no object i would obviously buy it as i have a lot of trust in the actuators system and their software....but for me it's not now even remotely into consideration to ever spend -again- that amount of money for added motion.
Yes

Even if you are absolutely rich, I think the price of this system is too high. There are only 2 actuators under the platform. If you want to buy them, I don't find it right that they want 4.500 euros, you have to pay the remaining 5 thousand euros for a platform made of a piece of iron. They should also sell a sample system that can be customised with only 2 dof, surge and yaw. After all, even if I want to buy a QS-CH2, I can't buy something so heavy because of the import rules in my country. This is not user-friendly planning for a developing Qubic. I have communicated this to them. I am waiting for them to create a sales system where I can make this system with only 2 dof and my own parts. By the way, they released the new software. They said it was very good. My system is still in the transfer phase and I will be able to install it in May due to my work.

Last edited:
Does Qubic still maintain a Discord channel to learn about this system? I have searched online at their website, facebook page, youtube channel, etc. and can't find anything. They don't seem to be active on social networking apps/sites with the community and largely appear to work via their approved dealers to collect user feedback on software and hardware evolution. I am looking at this system and the d-box and system integrale as well. Thanks for posting up your reactions so far.

Does Qubic still maintain a Discord channel to learn about this system? I have searched online at their website, facebook page, youtube channel, etc. and can't find anything. They don't seem to be active on social networking apps/sites with the community and largely appear to work via their approved dealers to collect user feedback on software and hardware evolution. I am looking at this system and the d-box and system integrale as well. Thanks for posting up your reactions so far.
Yes there is a discord channel for support.
There is not much activity in terms of users’ settings etc, but it’s outstanding for support, beta features, etc.

Latest News

Back